Two Wheeler Insurance
Go on a carefree ride with your loved ones with HDFC ERGO Two Wheeler Insurance
which covers you against theft, damage, accident or third party liability. You also
get advantage of our 24x7 claim assistance and easy claim settlement process. With HDFC ERGO, you can calculate insurance premium and buy a two wheeler insurance
policy online, and choose from our optimized plans that are designed to give you
comprehensive coverage in a cost effective way.
HDFC ERGO Two Wheeler Insurance
Giving you comprehensive coverage and complete accountability, HDFC ERGO makes buying
two wheeler insurance easy. The policy protects your scooter/motorcycle against
loss or damage caused due to natural or man-made reasons. It covers legal liabilities
arising out of injury or death of a third party and even personal accident cover
for the owner or driver.
Buy HDFC ERGO Two Wheeler Insurance today and enjoy your ride to the fullest.
- Choose comprehensive packages as per your profile
- Optimized two wheeler insurance plans at customized prices
- Assured Services
- Instant online policy services
HDFC ERGO Two Wheeler Insurance policy offers coverage for:-
- A. Loss or Damage
- Loss or damage caused due to any one of the following events
- Theft, burglary or house breaking
- Accident caused by external factors
- Terrorist activities, strikes, riots or a malicious act
- Natural calamities such as earthquakes, floods, storms, landslides etc
- Transit by road, air, inland waterways etc
- Lightning, fire, explosions and self-ignorance
- B. Third Part Liability
Two Wheeler Insurance by HDFC ERGO also covers legal liability that may arise due
to an injury or death of a third party or damage to property of a third party in
case of an accident involving your scooter/motorbike.
- C. Personal Accident Cover for Owner/Driver
The Two Wheeler Insurance policy also offers a compulsory Personal Accident Cover
for the owner/driver for an amount of Rs. 1 lac which covers accidental death and
total disability of the owner/driver.
- Under this Two Wheeler Insurance, the sum insured on your two wheeler
would depend up on the manufacturer's listed selling price minus each year's depreciation
or the IDV (Insured's declared Value). The IDV would account to the maximum amount
payable in the event of a claim for theft or total loss of the two wheeler.
- The premium of your Two Wheeler Insurance Policy will depend
on the following:-
- IDV or sum insured
- Age of the vehicle
- Vehicle type
- Place of vehicle registration
- A number of optional covers are also available on payment of
an additional premium. They are:-
- Personal Accident cover for owner/driver
- Personal Accident cover for pillion passengers
HDFC ERGO Two Wheeler Insurance exclusion policy includes:-
- Wear and tear and general aging of the two wheeler
- Damage caused by a person without a valid driving license
- Failure or the vehicle, or mechanical or electrical breakdown
- Damage caused by a person who may be under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Periodic depreciation or any consequential loss
- Loss/damage that may have caused due to war/nuclear risks/mutiny
- Damage caused to tires and tubes unless the two wheeler is damaged at the same time.
In such case the liability of the company is restricted to only 50 per cent of the
cost incurred on replacement.
- Any loss or damage caused outside the geographical boundaries of India
- *Please note that the above mentioned are illustrative exclusions.
For a detailed list, kindly read the policy wordings.