How Does Having A Personal Accident Insurance Policy Benefit You?
Misery never comes alone and often comes without any prior notice. No matter how unpleasant it may read but all happiness disappears in a fraction of seconds due to unfortunate incidents. One moment you are enjoying the good life and then out of nowhere an accident takes place that can leave you with physical pain, emotional trauma, and financial burden. In worst cases, it can lead to permanent disability, life-threatening injury or even death.
Well, while one has to be very strong to bear the physical and emotional pain, the financial woes can be taken care of well in advance. A Personal Accident Cover like the one available at HDFC ERGO ensures financial stability for you and your loved ones in case of an accident. These policies are specially planned to provide financial aid to the family dealing with the consequences of a fatal accident. Following are a few personal accident benefits that this insurance provides.
Benefits of Personal Accident Insurance
1. Unlike a health policy, with a personal accident policy, you are covered against any accidental death and your nominee gets 100% of the chosen sum assured. In case of Permanent Total Disablement also, you get 100% of sum insured payable. Compensation up to 10% is given in cases of broken bones and burns.
2. It offers daily allowance during hospitalization as a financial relief to the patient, when he/she is undergoing treatment at the hospital. Post accident costs for ambulance incurred are also reimbursed as per the policy.
3. There are no demands of medical tests and documentation in case of taking this policy that offers multiple benefits at low premiums. Needless to say, getting the claim on time is merely a matter of few phone calls.
4. If offers worldwide accident coverage.
5. The entire family can be covered under one plan.
Anyone below the age of 65 is eligible for such a coverage provided at HDFC ERGO. Such plans can lessen your difficulties at a tragic time. However, it is important to note that one can receive the benefits only if the accident was not intentional or didn't happen under the influence of alcohol or drugs. Even injuries suffered during civil wars are not covered.
Well, Indian roads are expanding daily with rise in population and people’s economic capacity to own cars and bikes, but many flout the rules and regulation that makes the road an unsafe place. As a result, we get to hear incidents of rash and drunken driving, road rage, etc., taking place, quite often. One should be utterly careful but accidents can and do happen and it’s advisable to plan ahead to counter unforeseen troubles. Having a Personal Accident Insurance is one way of doing that.
Disclaimer: The above information is for illustrative purpose only. For more details, please refer to policy wordings and prospectus before going ahead with the purchase.
To know more about our Personal Accident Insurance Plans and its benefits CLICK HERE