Health Insurance is a medical coverage that helps you meet your medical expenses by offering financial assistance. Due to the high cost of hospitalization expenses it is important to have a health insurance plan in place. HDFC ERGO’s health insurance policies take care of the hospitalization and treatment charges, leaving you free of financial woes. So get yourself a health insurance plan now.
Health insurance in this situation will be highly beneficial, as it will provide cover against expenses that you may incur in order to get the required treatment. There are numerous hospitalisation expenses involved for getting treatment in case you suffer from Coronavirus. While you focus on quick recovery, we take care of your medical expenses by covering diagnosis, consultation costs at the time of pre hospitalization and post hospitalization as well. We also offer coverage for day care treatments if your treatment gets done in less than 24 Hours. Choose HDFC ERGO, a brand that has brought smiles to 1 crore+ customers.
If you already have a health insurance plan with HDFC ERGO, be rest assured we will cover hospitalisation expenses due to Coronavirus.
Know more about coronavirus insurance and Healthcare facilities.
Note: Every policy offered by HDFC ERGO comes with a waiting period of one month for making a claim against non accidental hospitalization. Please refer to your policy wordings, brochure for a detailed list of inclusions and exclusions. The above information is for illustrative purpose.
A health insurance plan can be of several types and you can choose the best plan depending upon your requirements.
"Top selling family health insurance" Protect your family from unplanned medical expenses with a health plan that offers sum insured restoration benefit to ensure sufficient health coverage.
"Top selling individual health insurance" A unique plan that restores your exhausted sum insured and also gives 2x multiplier benefit for not making claims.
"Health Insurance in easy instalments" Get this pocket-friendly health insurance plan that allows you to pay premium in easy instalments. With this plan avail sum insured upto 5 lacs.
"Comprehensive & affordable health insurance" A plan that offers solid benefits like sum insured rebound, no room rent capping & home healthcare. Get sum insured between ₹7.5-15 lacs.
"Diabetes health insurance" Specially designed health insurance for people with Diabetes and Hypertension right since the policy start date.
"Affordable health insurance plan" To ensure you never fall short of health coverage, choose this health insurance and get a higher coverage of 20 lacs at an affordable premium.
"Coronavirus health insurance" With this plan stay safe and secure your finances against the medical expenses arising due to COVID-19.
"Cancer insurance" This plan provides you with health insurance coverage and lump sum benefits to support you financially in defeating cancer
"Covers upto 15 critical illnesses" With our critical illness health insurance get lump-sum benefit on diagnosis, which helps you go a long way in dealing with financial distress.
"Health plan for women" An all-round comprehensive plan, this medical insurance plan aims at covering women-specific surgeries and major illnesses.
"Revolutionary health insurance plan" A plan that covers OPD expenses along with the usual hospitalisation expenses. You can also opt for Critical Illness advantage rider.
"High sum insured health plan" A health plan that gives you the confidence to beat ever rising medical expenses with a high sum insured. Get sum insured between ₹20-75 lacs.
This acts like a magical back-up, which recharges your exhausted health cover to treat the next hospitalization of a new illness or injury.
Do you like the idea of paying your health insurance premium in instalments? If yes, then get your health cover with us and make the most of our instalment benefit.
If you are young, hale and hearty then get yourself a health insurance plan by HDFC ERGO without any medical check-ups.
If your Doctor recommends you can get yourself treated at home and avail cashless medical facilities then this feature would be of utmost help.
Just like every other health insurance plan, we cover you for your medical hospitalization due to illnesses and injuries seamlessly.
It means all your pre-hospitalization expenses upto 60 days of admission and post-discharge expenses till 180 days get covered, like the costs for diagnostics, investigation etc.
Medical advancements help in wrapping up important surgeries and treatments in less than 24 hours, and guess what? We cover you for that as well.
Let your belief in alternate therapies like Ayurveda, Unaani, Siddha and Homeopathy stay intact as we cover hospitalization expenses for AYUSH treatment as well.
Organ donation is a noble cause and we cover the medical and surgical expenses of the organ donor when harvesting a major organ transplant.
If you stay in a hospital for more than 10 days at a stretch then we pay for other financial losses that might have happened due to your absence at home. It helps to take care of other expenses during your hospitalization. (Amount specified in the policy wording)
We believe mental healthcare is just as important as hospitalization due to physical illness or injury; hence we cover hospitalization expenses incurred for treating mental illnesses.
Get a free health check-up within 60 days after policy renewal done by HDFC ERGO at the time of renewing your policy with us.
Did you know that a health insurance plan is not just meant to safeguard your savings but also help you save tax? Yes, you can save upto ₹ 75,000 with HDFC ERGO Health Insurance plans.
Once you get yourself secured with our health insurance plan there’s no looking back, this health insurance plan continues for your entire lifetime on break free renewals, you don’t have to exit from it.
If you are 18 years old and above you can buy our health insurance plan without any hesitation. We secure people of all age groups.
The above mentioned coverage may no be available in some of our Health plans. Please read the policy wordings, brochure and prospectus to know more about our health insurance plans.
Adventures can give you an adrenaline rush, but when coupled with accidents, it can be hazardous. Our health insurance plan does not cover accidents encountered while participating in adventure sports.
You might think of causing injury to your precious self, but we don’t want you to hurt yourself. Our health insurance plan does not cover self-imposed injuries.
War can be disastrous and unfortunate. However, our health insurance plan does not cover any claims that are caused due to wars.
Our health insurance plan does not cover accidents while you are participating in defense (Army/Navy/Air Force) operations.
We do understand the criticality of your disease. However, our health insurance plan does not cover venereal or sexually transmitted diseases.
Treatment of obesity or cosmetic surgery is not eligible for coverage under your health insurance plan .
For detailed inclusions and exclusions of your health insurance plan please refer to the sales brochure/policy wordings.
Don't worry! We are here to help by making a small contribution to the society & help during this pandemic
Just download HDFC ERGO Insurance App and avail medical advice from M.B.B.S General Physicians for FREE, anytime, anywhere and as many times you want during this pandemic. Feel free to share this with your friends and family to be helpful in these times!
You can avail these services even if you are not a policy holder with HDFC ERGO!
Buying a health insurance plan in India is simple, easy, and hassle-free considering you are aware of some important terms and criteria. Often when we wish to buy a health insurance plan the first thing that comes to our mind is that
am I eligible to buy this health insurance plan? Will this particular medical insurance plan require some medical tests? Or do I have to fulfill an age criteria before signing up for health insurance? These questions pop-up quite
frequently, however, these days when you try buying a health insurance plan online, in a snap you can check your eligibility before buying a particular health insurance plan in India.
What does eligibility mean in health insurance policy?
It simply refers to the conditions that must be met in order for an individual or family to be considered eligible for health insurance coverage.
Key factors that decide your eligibility for buying health insurance plans
Health insurance plan is a protection cover to protect your finances if you fall sick in future due to illness or accident. It is a financial protection which helps you when you need it the most due to
hospitalization. Be it a planned surgery / treatment or an unfortunate accident, our medical insurance policies are meant to cater to your medical needs. We recommend you to buy a health insurance policy so that in
future if need arises you don’t have to shell out your hard earned savings; instead our medical insurance plans will act as a savior. In a nutshell, buying a mediclaim policy means having a safety jacket so as
to be prepared to face any medical related expenses that may arise in future. Let’s understand in detail the reason you need to have specific health insurance plan.
1. Growing inflation: In India inflation is growing every year, which means the medical treatment which sounds affordable today may burn a hole in your pocket tomorrow. The only way to tackle these issues is by getting a health insurance plan. Your medical insurance policy prepares you to deal with future medical expenses. Always go for a higher cover so that you don’t have to worry about hospital bills.
2. Lifestyle diseases: These days due to a sedentary lifestyle - obesity, diabetes, and hypertension symptoms arrive a bit earlier than expected. Poor food habits and low exercise brings down immunity and may lead to a lot of lifestyle diseases at a young age. Hence, having a health insurance plan helps you when you need it the most by protecting your medical expenses.
3. Cashless treatments: The biggest benefit in buying a health insurance plan with HDFC ERGO lies in availing cashless treatment at over 10,000+ network hospitals spread all over India. This means you do not have to hunt for cash or dig into your savings for paying bills, our network hospitals settle your medical bills seamlessly only when you have our cashless health insurance policy.
4. Quality healthcare: You can give your family quality healthcare facilities in case of hospitalization. If you have a health insurance plan in place you do not have to worry about the hospital room type, you choose it and we cover it. Since you do not have to settle hospital bills (we offer cashless claims settlement) you can get the best treatment for your family. This is how we secure lives with our medical insurance plans.
5. Tax Saver: Your health insurance plan helps you save tax up to INR 75,000* if you buy a policy for yourself and your parents. Isn’t it a wonderful way to save tax and get a health cover in one go?
We at HDFC ERGO offer a wide range of health insurance plans for all age groups and imply no entry age restriction. You can buy a medical insurance policy for all age groups online. We pre-authorize cashless claims in 20 minutes`, which means we live upto our word and deliver post policy support as well. Trusted by 1 crore+ happy customers, HDFC ERGO has designed medical insurance plans in such a way that you do not have to worry about your hospitalization expenses.
Under Section 80D, you can get a deduction of up to Rs. 25,000 per budgetary year for medical insurance premium. The premium paid for a health insurance plan can be for you, your spouse, and dependent children. If you or your spouse is a senior citizen, then this limit can go up to Rs. 50,000.
You can also claim tax benefits on preventive health check-ups annually under the Section 80D of Income Tax Act. You can claim up to INR 5,000 every budgetary year as expenses incurred for preventive health check-ups.
If you are paying medical insurance premium for guardians then you can also claim an additional deduction of up to INR 25,000 every budgetary year. If your parents or either of them is a senior citizen, then this limit can go up to INR 30,000.
1. Lifestyle Diseases: Stress, pollution, unhealthy eating habits, gadget addiction and undisciplined lives have made lifestyle diseases widespread. It’s important to buy a health insurance plan to tackle medical expenses rising due to rising lifestyle diseases.
2. Inadequate Employee Health Insurance: Do you think you are securely covered under one health insurance policy against all threats? Be informed that your employee health insurance may prove insufficient. These days medical science has advanced hence it’s important to get higher sum insured health insurance plans.
3. Beat medical inflation: The cost of medical treatment in India is always on the rise. Funding medical expenses on your own will lead to financial loss hence it’s important to buy a health insurance plan to beat the medical inflation.
4. Quality Healthcare: You certainly cannot compromise on healthcare quality. Best medical treatment has become a basic necessity, however having a health insurance plan promises quality healthcare as you don’t have to worry about the finances..
5. Tax Savings: Health Insurance is a tax saving instrument. Enjoy upto *Rs.75, 000 Tax savings annually under section 80D with health insurance plans. Isn’t it amazing? You can save tax and secure your health too.
6. Safeguards your savings: With a health insurance plan you can invest your savings for buying your dream house or taking the much awaited trip. You don't have to save for paying your future medical bills.
Most of us consider employee health insurance as a secured cover for taking care of medical expenses. But, let us tell you that employer health insurance isn’t the right solution. Once you leave the company or switch jobs you lose your health insurance benefits. Also, you don’t have the flexibility to change covers and increase or decrease sum insured. Relying on employee health insurance for a long time may lead to washing off waiting periods.
Most of us don’t realize the importance of health insurance until something fatal hits us or people around us. Lack of awareness may hamper your savings, if an unexpected medical expense comes up.
It’s important to understand that you need a higher sum insured if you reside in a metro city where medical treatment expenses are high. If a single hospitalization in a year is enough to exhaust your sum insured then you should consider a higher sum insured. Just buy a health insurance won’t help in the longer run getting a sum insured that’s enough to cover your medical expenses is equally important. Also, if you are covering more family members then consider taking a health insurance policy with sum insured above 10 lacs.
Don’t just look at the premium and go back thinking if you should buy this health insurance plan. Looking at the list of coverage and benefits of buying a health insurance plan is important and should not be overlooked. If you think of buying a health insurance plan with low premium then there are high chances that you may lose out on coverage. In future, you may feel that certain coverage is important but your policy doesn’t cover it. For example: HDFC ERGO Health Insurance offers cashless in-home health care, no room rent restrictions on hospitalization and approves cashless claims within 20 minutes seamlessly.
Many of us buy health insurance just to save tax under section 80 D. A health insurance plan helps you save tax upto Rupees 65,000. However, there’s lot more to beyond saving taxes. Get yourself a health insurance plan that helps you during critical times and helps in saving finances in the long run. You must also get a health insurance plan for your parents, spouse and kids to ensure complete financial security.
Every time you look for a health insurance plan the thought that hits your mind is what is an ideal health insurance plan like? What all coverage should it have? Let’s decode the hacks to get the right health insurance plan.
1. Get yourself adequate sum insured: If you are residing in the metro cities then cost of treatment is high hence for an individual your sum insured should ideally range between 7 lacs to 10 lacs. If you are looking for a family cover to insure your spouse and kids a sum insured that ranges between 8 lacs to 15 lacs suits best on floater basis. It should be adequate enough to cover more than one hospitalisation that may happen in a year.
2. Look for co-payment to reduce premium: If you wish to reduce your premium and you are fine with making partial payments for your medical expenses then look for a health insurance plan with co payment facility. You share the medical expenses with your health insurer hence you don’t have to pay a heavy premium.
3. Look for in-home health care: What if you are unable to get a bed at the hospital or your parents aren’t comfortable seeking medical attention at the hospital? Under such circumstances you can easily get treatment done at home without much hassles. HDFC ERGO offers cashless health insurance for in-home health care.
4. No sub-limits help: Usually your medical expenses depend upon your room type. It’s recommended to buy a health insurance plan that does not have sub limits. Just like my:health Suraksha Insurance it does not imply any room rent restrictions or sub limits.
5. Check waiting periods: Your health insurance plan doesn’t come into action while your waiting period is not completed. Always check health insurance policies with lower waiting periods for pre existing ailments and maternity benefit.These are the most important covers to look for before buying a health insurance plan. Other than most important coverage there are a few more benefits that need to be looked upon before choosing a health insurance for yourself, your family and parents.
1. Age: Undeniably, age is the most prominent factor that fixes up your premium. It’s highly recommended to buy a health insurance policy while you are young, because premium rises with age. At a younger age you are less likely to have pre existing diseases due to which your premium is low as compared to higher age groups. It’s highly recommended to buy health insurance at an early age.
2. Pre existing illnesses: Any health condition or ailment that you are already suffering before getting a health insurance policy is termed as pre existing illness. If you are a diabetic or suffering from hypertension there is a chance that your premium will raise. Buying health insurance plan early when you are hale and hearty will help you skip high premiums due to pre existing ailments.
3. Family History: This could be a factor that affects your premium calculation, if your family has a diabetes history there are higher chances you too may acquire it at some point of time in life. Due to which insurance premium may be charges high to such individuals.
4. Location of stay: If you reside in a metro city then there are chances that your premium may go on a higher side as the cost of treatment is high in developed cities as compared to tier 2 or 3 cities. Hence premium for someone who stays in Delhi will be high as compared to someone who stays in Nagpur.
5. Members covered: Your health insurance premium will be low if you choose to cover yourself as compared to a family floater policy wherein you cover your spouse and kids. Even under family health insurance you can choose to have individual sum insured for every family member or get them all over one sum insured in a floater plan. Sharing the sum insured under one floater plan will incur low premium than getting individual sum insured for all.
6. BMI or Body Mass Index: If your weight isn’t proportionately balanced with your height leading to obesity then there are chances that you may have to pay higher health insurance premiums. People with higher BMI are prone to joint paints, hypertension, high blood pressure and various other ailments due to which they fall under high risk category. Insurance premium is generally high for high health risk individuals.
7. Smoking Habits: If you are a chain smoker then there are chances that your insurance premium may burn your pocket as insurance company may consider you as a high risk individual. Your smoking habit may affect your lungs in the long run leading to respiratory ailments. Other habits like chewing tobacco or high consumption of liquor may also affect your body and may also cause cancer; hence your premium may shoot up.
To register a claim for your health insurance plan there are several steps to be followed. Health Insurance claim process works differently for reimbursement claim requests and cashless claims. Read the below process to understand how HDFC ERGO settles health insurance plan claims.Health Insurance Cashless Claims get approved within 20** minutes
Policy Holder Needs to find the nearest cashless hospital
Locate your nearest cashless hospital
Collect the cashless form from hospital and fill it duly
Submit it with necessary documents along with your Photo ID and health insurance card
On receiving the documents our internal claims team approves/rejects the claim depending upon the documents, course of treatment and coverage.
On approval you can undergo medical treatment without paying anything to the hospital.
On discharge HDFC ERGO will check the documents and discharge summary and settle the claim with the hospital directly.
At each and every stage you can track your claim status and we shall keep informing you about your claim request
Health Insurance Reimbursement Claims get reimbursed within 3** days
Once you are hospitalised at a non-network hospital intimate HDFC ERGO about your hospitalisation
Collect all documents from the hospital and send it to HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company Ltd 5th Floor, Tower 1, Stellar IT Park, C-25,
Sector-62,Noida 201301 State : Uttar Pradesh , City : Noida Pin Code : 201301.
We will check the documents and approve/reject the claim
If your claim is approved your claim amount shall be reimbursed via NEFT.
Seamless & Easy Claims! Assured
With various unlocking measures the world is trying to be back to normal, but that should happen with utmost caution. One should not stop wearing mask and apply hand sanitizer. The fight against the pandemic is still on.
Source: Economic Times - Health | Published on 19 October 2020
As of September, Covid now forms 40% of total health claims for the general insurance industry. It has been steadily increasing from 8% in May to 23% in July to 34% in August. With steady increase in the cases, most of the insured register covid claims.
Source: TOI | Published on 16 October 2020
Your annual health insurance premium may rise as insurers are now looking at broadening the scope of cover and adding important ailments.
Source: Times of India | Published on 15 October 2020
IRDAI stressed upon the importance of having more disease-specific products like for diabetics, heart or kidney related issues.
Source: The New Indian Express | Published on 15 October 2020
The telemedicine consultation will be covered under health insurance policies. The Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) has asked the insurer to allow claim settlement for telemedicine consultation wherever normal consultation with a medical practitioner is allowed in the terms and conditions of the policy contract in the wake of the ongoing pandemic.
Source: Live Mint | Published on 10 October 2020
We often come across terminologies while reading features & benefits offered by health insurance companies. Below are the 10 most commonly used jargons while explaning the coverage & exclusion of a health insurance plan. Let's demystify them to understand better.
Your health insurance company rewards you for staying hale and hearty! Every year you get cumulative bonus in the form of increased sum insured for not making any claims. We at HDFC ERGO offer cumulative bonus of upto 200%.
This terminology is an acronym for Ayurveda, Unani, Siddha and Homeopathy; It refers to treatments or therapies that you can take other than the usual allopathic course of treatment. If you believe in the healing powers of non allopathic treatment, we cover your hospitalization expenses seamlessly under our health insurance plan.
The fixed amount or % paid by the insured ( the one who is covered) for the medical treatment. If your co-payment percentage is 20% then in case of hospitalization you are suppose to bear 20% of the expense and remaining shall be paid by your insurer.
The process of making changes in your policy document such as change in name, adding or removing members and increasing sum insured etc is a part of endorsement.
If you are suffering from any ailment at the time of buying a policy is termed as pre existing illness or disease. It’s important to declare pre existing disease at the time of policy issuance or else at the time of claim; if the insurer knows about your existing illness your claim may get denied.
Health Insurance Company gives you a chance to cancel your policy post payment if you have found a better plan and wish to take a different plan. This period is called free-look period.
In simpler terms, waiting period is the duration when an insured must wait to get coverage for some disease or treatments. The insured may not receive benefits for claims filed during the waiting period. For example, there are waiting periods for pre existing disease and maternity treatment in a health insurance plan.
Get additional sum insured equal to your actual sum insured in case your sum insured gets exhausted.
Health insurance companies add sub limits on diseases, hospital room rent and coverage, which means after a certain limit you do not get the benefits. However, with HDFC ERGO my:health Suraksha there is no sub limit on room rents or diseases.
To enhance your health insurance policy you can choose to get additional covers or riders to stay extra safe. There are several add ons like critical illness cover or hospital daily cash etc.