Private Car Insurance
Private Car Insurance has to be one of the first things you buy after your car. A financial safeguard for a large variety of situations, car insurance becomes one of the most important purchases you’ll make. Whether it’s a natural disaster such as an earthquake or flood; or somebody damages or steals your car, HDFC ERGO Car Insurance will take care of it all. With compulsory factors such as third party liability, you can ensure that any damage done to another person’s property by your vehicle will be covered in a claim.
A car is an asset that everyone is proud to own, often it’s a large milestone in a lot of people’s lives. HDFC ERGO Car Insurance ensures that you and your vehicle stay safe and secure.
HDFC ERGO Motor Insurance
HDFC ERGO ensures that you can even get your car insurance online. Helping you choose the perfect motor insurance for your vehicle, you can be rest assured that your car is protected in every way. You no longer have to worry about finding the best car insurance – HDFC ERGO does it for you.
Why HDFC ERGO Motor Insurance
- Cashless claim service over 3400+ authorized network of garages across India
- Avail a host of discounts – No claim bonus, Discount for Automobile Association Members, Discount based on age and profession
- Comprehensive support through our dedicated customer support team
- No lengthy procedures
- Instant Online Policy
HDFC ERGO Motor Insurance India
- A package Motor Insurance policy would cover the following:
- Loss Or Damage To The Vehicle Insured
Loss or damage to your vehicle caused by any one of the following events
- Accident by external means
- Burglary, House Breaking Theft
- Fire, Explosion, Self Ignition, Lightning
- Terrorism, Riots, Strikes, Malicious Acts
- Transit by road, rail, inland waterways, air or lift
- Earthquake, Flood, Storm, Landslide or Rockslide
- Liability to third parties
The policy would also cover your legal liability arising out of an Injury / Death of a third party and Property damage of a third party incase of an accident involving your vehicle.
- Personal Accident Cover
The policy also provides for a mandatory Personal Accident Cover for Owner Driver for an amount of Rs. 2 Lacs covering Accidental Death and Permanent Total Disability. It also covers the named and unnamed passengers upto the seating capacity of the vehicle and paid driver.
- The coverage for your Vehicle would depend on the manufacturer’s listed selling price less depreciation for each year or the IDV (Insured’s declared Value). The IDV would be the maximum amount payable in the event of a claim for Total Loss / Theft.
- The premium for a package Private Car insurance policy would depend on:
- Sum Insured / Insured’s Declared Value (IDV)
- Type of vehicle
- Age of the vehicle
- Place of Registration
- Fuel type (Petrol / Diesel / CNG / LPG)
- Choose a variety of optional covers on payment of additional premium, as listed below:
- Electrical / Non Electrical items can be insured separately
- Personal Accident cover for owner driver
- Personal Accident cover for Named / Unnamed Passengers
- Personal Accident cover for paid driver / employee
- Legal liability for paid driver in connection with the operation of the insured vehicle
- Legal liability to employees in connection with the operation of the Insured vehicle
Additional Discounts with HDFC ERGO Motor Insurance
- Age Discount
- If the age of the Insured is between 35 years to 45 years – 5 % Discount on the Own Damage Section of the policy
- If the age of the Insured is between 46 years to 60 years – 10 % Discount on the Own Damage Section of the policy
- For age Discount, you need to submit Pan card copy
- In case of online motor insurance policy, age proof should be submitted at the time of claim
- Occupation Discount
- An insured pursuing any of the following occupation can avail 5% discount on the Own Damage Section of the policy:
- A fully qualified and practicing Chartered Accountant
- Serving in defense and paramilitary services
- Teaching in government recognized Schools, Colleges, and Universities & Educational Institutions
- Employees of Central / State Government departments
- Qualified medical doctors who are registered with any Government recognized Medical Council
- For Occupation related discounts on your motor insurance, you need to submit either the education or employment certificate
- In case of online Motor insurance policy, occupation proof should be submitted at the time of claim
*This discounts are not applicable for Hyundai car models
Add on plans with HDFC ERGO Motor Insurance India
- When it comes to choosing your dream car, you have invested your precious time in analyzing every minutest detail. Rev up with the confidence of having a comprehensive car insurance plan carefully designed to provide optimum coverage and no surprises! With HDFC ERGO’s Motor Insurance Add-on plan you can opt for new and enhanced coverage, in addition to your standard motor insurance policy for Motor Vehicles which:
- Provides added security and complete peace of mind
- Minimizes out-of-pocket expenses
- Widens the existing scope of cover
- Add ON Plans
- Silver Plan - Zero Depreciation Claim Click to download
- Gold Plan - Zero Depreciation Claim, Loss of Use / Down
Time Protection Click to download
- Platinum Plan - Zero Depreciation Claim. Engine & Gear
Box. No Claim Bonus Protection.Click to download
- Titanium Plan - Zero Depreciation Claim. Engine & Gear
Box. No Claim Bonus Protection. Cost Of Consumables.Click to download
- Emergency Assistance Add on Wordings Click to download
- Endorsement Wording - Emergency Assistance Wider CoverClick to download
- Endorsement Wordings - Return To InvoiceClick to download
- HDFC ERGO car insurance policy does not cover:
- General Ageing, wear and tear
- Damage by a person driving without a valid driving license
- Mechanical or Electrical breakdown, failure
- Damage by a person driving under the influence of Liquor/Alcohol/Drugs
- Depreciation, any consequential loss
- Loss /Damage attributable to War /Mutiny /Nuclear risks
- Damage to tyres and tubes unless the vehicle is damaged at the same time in which case the liability of the company shall be limited to 50% of the cost of replacement
- Loss /Damage, outside India
- *Please note these are illustrative exclusions. For a detailed list, kindly refer the policy wordings.
*This content is descriptive only. Actual coverage is Subject to the language of policy issued.
Read more ...
- Do I need to have auto Insurance?
Yes, the Motor Vehicle Act states that every motor vehicle plying on the road has to be insured, with a Liability Only policy at the very least.
- Can I buy Motor Insurance policy online?
Yes. You can now purchase HDFC ERGO Motor Insurance online by using your Credit Card or online bank account.
- Can I renew other Insurer policy with HDFC ERGO online?
Yes. Simply log on to www.hdfcergo.com and provide minimum details of your expiring policy and buy HDFC ERGO Motor Insurance Policy online. Also avail benefits of the No Claim Bonus earned by you in full.
- Can I renew my Motor policy online?
Yes, you can renew your HDFC ERGO Motor Insurance policy online by using your credit card or bank account.
- Can I transfer my No Claim Bonus Discount?
In the event that you want to shift your insurance policy from any other company to HDFC ERGO, you can transfer the No Claim Bonus accrued on your previous policy. You can avail the full benefit as you would with your previous Insurer.