Private Car Insurance
Private Car Insurance has to be one of the first things you buy after your car.
A financial safeguard for a large variety of situations, car insurance policy becomes
one of the most important purchases you’ll make. Whether it’s a natural
disaster such as an earthquake or flood; or somebody damages or steals your car,
HDFC ERGO Car Insurance plan will take care of it all. With compulsory factors such
as third party liability, you can ensure that any damage done to another person’s
property by your vehicle will be covered in a claim.
A car is an asset that everyone is proud to own, often it’s a large milestone
in a lot of people’s lives. HDFC ERGO Car Insurance ensures that you and your
vehicle stay safe and secure.
A car insurance provides protection against losses that could arise from unforeseen
incidents. A comprehensive car insurance policy will cover the damage caused to
the insured party, the insured vehicle, and the third parties (property and people)
involved in the accident.
A car is one of the biggest investments of your life. A car insurance policy does
not only pay for collisions, but also for events such as vandalism, theft, and damage
caused due to natural calamities, damage during transit or shipment and various
other factors. Furthermore, a car insurance will also safeguard you against any
lawsuits that may arise from accidents. By purchasing a car insurance policy online,
you can be assured of its safety every time you hit the road.
Benefits of Online Car Insurance Policy
- Additional occupational discounts for government registered professionals.
- Flexibility in customization of policy.
- One of the highest claim settlement ratio of car insurance in India at 95%
- Special discounts on premium for people above the age of 35.
- Value added services like towing, ambulance and claim assistance.
HDFC ERGO Car Insurance Online
HDFC ERGO ensures that you can even get your car insurance online. Helping you choose
the perfect motor insurance
for your vehicle, you can be rest assured that your car is protected in every way.
You no longer have to worry about finding the best car insurance policy –
HDFC ERGO does it for you.
You can get you car insured online even if your previous policy has expired. As
soon as you provide your details online, HDFC ERGO representative gets in touch
with you to schedule vehicle inspection at your convenient time. During the whole
process, we keep you intimated with emails and SMS. You can also track the status
using unique quote number provided by us. Post satisfactory inspection, you can
pay the premium online and download policy document instantly.
Why HDFC ERGO Car Insurance Policy
- Cashless claim service over 3400+ authorized
network of garages across India
- Avail a host of discounts – No claim bonus, Discount for Automobile Association
Members, Discount based on age and profession
- Comprehensive support through our dedicated customer support team
- No lengthy procedures
- Instant Car Insurance Online Policy
HDFC ERGO Car Insurance India
- A package Car Insurance Online policy would cover the following:
- Loss Or Damage To The Vehicle Insured
Loss or damage to your vehicle caused by any one of the following events
- Accident by external means
- Burglary, House Breaking Theft
- Fire, Explosion, Self Ignition, Lightning
- Terrorism, Riots, Strikes, Malicious Acts
- Transit by road, rail, inland waterways, air or lift
- Earthquake, Flood, Storm, Landslide or Rockslide
- Liability to third parties
The online car insurance policy would also cover your legal liability arising out
of an Injury / Death of a third party and Property damage of a third party incase
of an accident involving your vehicle.
- Personal Accident Cover
The car insurance policy also provides for a mandatory Personal Accident Cover for
Owner Driver for an amount of Rs. 2 Lacs covering Accidental Death and Permanent
Total Disability. It also covers the named and unnamed passengers upto the seating
capacity of the vehicle and paid driver.
- The coverage for your Vehicle would depend
on the manufacturer’s listed selling price less depreciation for each year
or the IDV (Insured’s declared Value). The IDV would be the maximum amount
payable in the event of a claim for Total Loss / Theft.
- The premium for a package Private Car insurance policy would depend
- Sum Insured / Insured’s Declared Value (IDV)
- Type of vehicle
- Age of the vehicle
- Place of Registration
- Fuel type (Petrol / Diesel / CNG / LPG)
- Choose a variety of optional covers on payment of additional
car insurance premium, as listed below:
- Electrical / Non Electrical items can be insured separately
- Personal Accident cover for owner driver
- Personal Accident cover for Named / Unnamed Passengers
- Personal Accident cover for paid driver / employee
- Legal liability for paid driver in connection with the operation of the insured
- Legal liability to employees in connection
with the operation of the Insured vehicle
Add on plans with HDFC ERGO Car Insurance India
- When it comes to choosing your dream car, you have invested your
precious time in analyzing every minutest detail. Rev up with the confidence of
having a comprehensive car insurance plan carefully designed to provide optimum
coverage and no surprises! With HDFC ERGO’s Car Insurance Add-on plan you
can opt for new and enhanced coverage, in addition to your standard motor insurance
policy for Motor Vehicles which:
- Provides added security and complete peace of mind
- Minimizes out-of-pocket expenses
- Widens the existing scope of cover
- Add ON Car Insurance Plans
- Silver Plan - Zero Depreciation Claim Click to
- Gold Plan - Zero Depreciation Claim, Loss of Use / Down
Time Protection Click to download
- Platinum Plan - Zero Depreciation Claim. Engine & Gear
Box. No Claim Bonus Protection.Click to download
- Titanium Plan - Zero Depreciation Claim. Engine & Gear
Box. No Claim Bonus Protection. Cost Of Consumables.Click to download
- Emergency Assistance Add
on Wordings Click to download
- Endorsement Wording - Emergency
Assistance Wider CoverClick to download
- Endorsement Wordings -
Return To InvoiceClick to download
- HDFC ERGO car insurance policy does not cover:
- General Ageing, wear and tear
- Damage by a person driving without a valid driving license
- Mechanical or Electrical breakdown, failure
- Damage by a person driving under the influence of Liquor/Alcohol/Drugs
- Depreciation, any consequential loss
- Loss /Damage attributable to War /Mutiny /Nuclear risks
- Damage to tyres and tubes unless the vehicle is damaged at the same time in which
case the liability of the company shall be limited to 50% of the cost of replacement
- Loss /Damage, outside India
- *Please note these are illustrative exclusions.
For a detailed list, kindly refer the policy wordings.
*This content is descriptive only. Actual coverage is Subject to the language of
Buy Car Insurance Policy online
Buying car insurance online can be done through a simple three step process on HDFC
ERGO website as per your convenience. Follow these simple steps to avail a policy
Step 1:- Fill out a simple form in order to estimate the premium payable according
to your car type and make.
Step 2:- Enter your personal details in the required fields such as name and address.
Step 3:- Make payment online and own an online car insurance instantly.
Renew Car Insurance Policy online
With HDFC ERGO, car insurance renewal is a quick and hassle free process. With minimal
paperwork and speedy processing you can renew car insurance policy in no time. The
renewal process is more or less the same as buying a new policy and can be done
through three simple steps.
Step 1:- Enter the expiring policy details on the insurance renewal online form.
The form can be accessed through the HDFC ERGO website.
Step 2:- Proceed to the next page to examine the new policy details
Step 3:- Make payment online and your car insurance policy will be renewed instantly.
Car Insurance FAQs
Read more ...
What is the tenure of HDFC ERGO car insurance policy?
All Motor policies are generally of one year term.
Why do I need Car Insurance?
As per provisions of Motor Vehicle Act (MV Act), 1989 all the vehicles which are
plying on public place are required to be insured for minimum Third Party Liability
only cover. Hence it is mandatory to have vehicle insurance.
Can I buy Motor Insurance policy online?
Yes. You can now purchase HDFC ERGO Motor Insurance online by using your Credit
Card or online bank account.
What are the benefits of buying car insurance online?
Buying policies online ensures hassle free instant policy issuance with zero documentation
involved. Online policy issuance also provides multiple safe payment options like
credit card, debit card, net banking etc.
Can I renew my Motor policy online?
Yes, you can renew your HDFC ERGO Motor Insurance policy online by using your credit
card or bank account.
Can I renew other car Insurer policy with HDFC ERGO online?
Yes, you can renew your policy online 60 days before expiry of your existing policy.
In case your vehicle insurance policy has already expired, we would arrange for
vehicle inspection through our approved surveyors and post satisfactory inspection
policy would be issued.
What will happen when you sell your car?
Once vehicle is sold written intimation needs to be done with insurance company.
As an Insured you will have following options:
- Name transfer in policy
- Cancellation of existing policy if the new owner has bought
a new policy for himself and seek refund of the premium for remain part of the policy
tenure on short period basis. You could also request for reserving the NCB which
you may have on your policy for using it on your new vehicle at a later date with
in 3 years from the date of sale.
What documents do I need to submit to buy car insurance online?
At the time of buying policies on-line one need not submit any physical documents.
Can I transfer my No Claim Bonus Discount?
In the event that you want to shift your insurance policy from any other company
to HDFC ERGO, you can transfer the No Claim Bonus accrued on your previous policy.
You can avail the full benefit as you would with your previous Insurer.
Can the Owner of the car also be insured under the same policy?
The Owner of the car is covered under compulsory personal accident cover where vehicle
is registered in the name of an individual for a maximum sum insured of Rs. 2 lacs,
provided he/she has an effective and valid driving license.
Can the paid driver of the car also be insured under the same policy?
An optional personal accident cover is available under the policy which can be opted
for paid driver having maximum sum insured of Rs. 2 lacs
What if my car insurance policy is misplaced?
Just call our toll free number 1800 2 700 700 and ask for a duplicate copy.
What are the discounts that can be allowed under car insurance policies?
There are discounts based on eligibility of each customer which may be availed like
Automobile Association of India membership, and no claim bonus.