Private Car Insurance
HDFC ERGO Private Car Insurance offers a comprehensive protection to your vehicle
in the form of covering any loss or damage as well as third party liabilities. With
a network of over 3000+ authorized workshops, the car
insurance policy ensures that you enjoy cashless facilities and hassle-free services
across the nation. A fast track claim settlement procedure
with an end to end automated process, the policy makes sure that you have your vehicle
up and running in no time.
A financial safeguard for a wide variety of situations such as natural disasters
(earthquakes, floods, etc.) or in cases of damage or theft or accidents, HDFC ERGO
car insurance also protects you from third party liabilities, thus helping you ensure
that you and your vehicle stay safe and secure in any unforeseen situations.
HDFC ERGO Motor Insurance
HDFC ERGOs Private Car Insurance plan offers a host of discounts such as no claim
bonus, discount for Automobile Association Members and discounts based on age and
profession. We also give you the liberty of buying the policy online with least
documentations and faster policy issuance. So, choose the right private car insurance
plan for you vehicle and travel around India without any worry. Buy your private
car insurance today.
Why HDFC ERGO Private Car Insurance?
- Instant online policy purchase service
- Quick registration process with least documentation
- A host of discounts
- - No claim bonus
- - Discounts for Automobile Association Members
- - Discount based on profession and age
- Avail cashless claim service at more than 3000+ authorized network of garages all
over the nation
- Comprehensive support offered by our dedicated customer support team
HDFC ERGO Private Car Insurance policy covers the following:-
- Loss or damage caused to your vehicle caused
due to any one of the following reasons:
- Accident caused by external factors
- Natural calamities such as earthquakes, landslides, floods, lightning, storms or
- Man caused calamities such as explosions, fires or self-ignition
- House Breaking, burglary or theft
- Terrorist activities, strikes, riots or malicious activities
- Transit by road, inland waterways, rail, air or lift
- Third Party Liability -
The insurance plan shall cover legal liabilities that may arise out of an injury/death
of a third party and property damage caused to third party in case of an accident
that involves the vehicle insured.
- Private Accident Cover -
The Private Car Insurance policy provides for a compulsory private Accident Cover
for the Owner Driver for an amount of Rs. 200,000 which covers Accidental Death
and Permanent Total Disability. It also provides cover for the unnamed and named
passengers depending upon the seating capacity of the vehicle and paid driver.
- The Sum Insured for the vehicle shall majorly
depend on the manufacturer’s listed selling price minus each year's depreciation
or the IDV (Insured’s declared Value). Please note - The IDV shall be the maximum
amount payable in case of a claim made for theft/total loss of the vehicle.
- The premium for Private Car Insurance plan would primarily depend
- Vehicle type
- Vehicle Age
- Type of fuel used in running the Vehicle (Petrol/Diesel/CNG/LPG)
- The sum insured or Insured’s Declared Value (IDV)
- Place of registration of the vehicle
- A variety of optional covers can be availed on payment of an additional
- Personal Accident cover for paid employee/driver
- Personal Accident cover for Unnamed Passengers
- Legal liability for paid driver who drive the insured vehicle
- Legal liability to employees who travel in the insured vehicle
- Electrical / Non Electrical items can also be insured separately
Additional Discounts with HDFC ERGOs Private Car Insurance
- Age Discount*
- 5 % Discount offered on the Own Damage Section of the insurance plan – In case the
age of the Insured lies between 35 - 45 years
- 10 % Discount is offered on the Own Damage Section of the insurance plan – In case
the age of the Insured lies between 46 - 60 years
- Please note, to avail the age discount, you must submit a Pan Card
copy with us.
In case of online car insurance policy registration,
you must submit age proof at the time of claim.
- An insured who is pursuing any one of the following occupation
can avail a discount of 5% as per the Own Damage Section of the insurance policy
- Serving in paramilitary services and defense
- A qualified medical doctor who is registered under a Government recognized Medical
- A teacher working in a government recognized School, College, University or Educational
- A Chartered Accountant registered with ICAI
- An employee of state or central government
- Please note, to avail occupation related discounts, you must submit
either the education or employment certificates with us.
In case of online Car insurance policy registration,
you must submit occupational proof at the time of claim
*These discounts are not applicable for Hyundai car models
- Ensure an optimum coverage for your vehicle. Opt for new and enhanced
policy with HDFC ERGO’s Car Insurance Add on plans, a comprehensive car insurance
plan carefully designed to provide a complete coverage, supplementing your standard
car insurance plan. HDFS ERGO’s add on plans:
- Provides added security and complete peace of mind
- Minimize overhead expenses
- Widen the existing scope of cover
- HDFC ERGO car insurance policy does not cover:
- Wear and tear and general aging,
- Damages caused by a person who is driving the insured vehicle without a valid driving license
- Electrical or mechanical breakdowns and failures
- Damages caused by a person who is driving the Insured vehicle under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Depreciation and any consequential loss to the insured vehicle
- Loss /Damage that may be caused in the event of a war, mutiny or nuclear risks
- Damage caused to the tires and tubes unless the vehicle is damaged at the same time. In such an event the company shall be liable to pay only 50% of the cost incurred for replacement of damaged parts
- Loss or damage caused outside India
- *Please note these are illustrative exclusions.
For a detailed list, kindly refer the policy wordings.
*This content is descriptive only. Actual coverage is Subject to the language of
Read more ...
- Is it necessary to have a car Insurance plan?
Yes, it is necessary to have your car insured. As per the Motor Vehicle Act every motor vehicle plying on the road of India has to be insured, with a Liability Only policy at the very least.
- Does HDFC ERGO offer online car insurance policy purchasing service?
Yes. With HDFC ERGO, you can now purchase Private Car Insurance policies online. You can make payment with a valid Credit Card or by net banking.
- Can I port my existing car insurance policy with the HDFC ERGOs Private Car Insurance? online?
Yes. HDFC ERGO provides you with the option of policy portability. All you need to do is fill a policy portability form and submit it to us 45 days prior to the last date of renewal of your existing policy.
- Is it possible to transfer my No Claim Bonus Discount?
If you want to shift your insurance policy from any other company to HDFC ERGO, you can transfer the No Claim Bonus accrued on your previous policy. We offer you the same benefits as you would with your previous insurance company.
- What factors does the premium for the car insurance plan depend on?
- a. The premium for a package Private Car insurance policy would depend on:
- Vehicle type
- Age of the vehicle
- Fuel type used for running the vehicle (Petrol / Diesel / CNG / LPG)
- Sum Insured / Insured’s Declared Value (IDV)
- Place of Registration of the vehicle
- What are the steps to initiate a claim settlement?
- a. Always keep a copy of policy/cover note, Car Registration Copy (RC) & driving License Copy (person driving the vehicle) in the vehicle during journey as they are required during claim intimation. The steps for it are:
- Register your claim immediately at our toll-free number and receive your claim number
- Ask help from our call center to guide you to nearest cashless garage or request for help with Towing /ambulance services (if required)
- File an FIR at the nearest police station in case of property damage, bodily injury, theft or major damages.
- Get a repair estimate, fill up the claim form & attach the necessary documents, and send them on to us for your claim settlement.