A lot of planning is done before selecting a holiday destination abroad, international
hotels, international flights, etc. However, who will ensure that your vacation
is a success? A travel insurance plan will ensure that your vacation is hassle-free.
Whether you happen to lose your baggage or passport, or whether u need any kind
of medical support on your trip, an overseas travel insurance will make sure that
you get what you need. So plan up, buy a travel insurance policy and go on your
trips without any worries With HDFC ERGO Travel Insurance, you have the option to
explore and enjoy newer destinations whole-heartedly. With our wide range of travel
insurance plans that spans both leisure and business travels, we always have a plan
that will best suit your travelling purpose at affordable cost.
International Travel Insurance
We put a lot into planning the perfect vacation abroad. However, to make sure that
our vacation is a complete success, travel insurance is an absolute necessity. Your
trip abroad should be without hassles and worries, and a comprehensive travel insurance
policy provides you with the same. Whether you lose your baggage or passport, or
even need some medical support on your trip, overseas travel
insurance will make sure you get what you need. Go on your vacation
without any worries in the back of your mind, buy a travel insurance policy.
If you are planning your next business/family trip to Schengen countries, travel
insurance is mandatory for Schengen Visa. HDFC ERGO offers online travel insurance
plans for Schengen countries. Click here
for list of Schengen Countries
Austria, Belgium, Switzerland, Czech Republic,
Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia,
Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia,
Slovenia, Spain, Sweden.
Now easily calculate your Schengen travel insurance premium using our calculator
and have a secured overseas journey.
HDFC ERGO Travel Insurance
With HDFC ERGO Travel Insurance, enables you to explore and enjoy new destinations
with heartiness. With its wide range of travel insurance plans that encompasses
both business and leisure travel, we always have a plan that will best suit your
travelling purpose and that too at a cost that is soft on your budget. So, be rest
assured and enjoy your travelling abroad without worries.
- Various travel insurance plan options across geographies including schengen countries
and length of travel to suit every need
- Buy travel insurance policy online instantly in 3 easy steps
- Enjoy optimum coverage at the most affordable price
- Enjoy 24*7 HDFC ERGO’s international travel assistance support
- Manage your overseas travel insurance policy online to match policy period with
your travel dates
General covers available across all our international travel insurance plans are
- Emergency Medical Expenses: Covers medical costs incurred due to
illness or accident including medically necessary and prescribed emergency evacuation.
It covers outpatient, in-patient, medical aid, therapies and diagnostic tests as
described in the policy schedule
- Emergency Medical Evacuation: Evacuation to the home country is
covered up to the medical sum insured chosen
- Repatriation of remains: Covers the funeral expenses or expenses
of repatriating the remains back to India, in case of death of the insured overseas
- Emergency Dental Expenses: Covers acute Anaesthetic treatment of
- Hospital Cash: Pays a daily allowance as stated in the policy schedule
in the event of hospitalization either due to sickness or accidents
- Accidental Death and Permanent Total Disability Common Carrier:
The company will pay the sum insured specified in the schedule in addition to the
sum insured specified under the Personal Accident section, if the insured sustains
Accidental Bodily Injury during the course of the journey while travelling in a
common carrier such as rail, bus, tram, or aircraft; and such bodily injury results
in death or permanent total disability
- Personal accident: Compensation paid in case of death or permanent
total disability caused due to an accident
- Flight delay: Compensation if the aircraft is delayed for more
than 12 hours than the original scheduled departure time
- Loss of Baggage and Personal Documents: Pays for expenses incurred
in replacing lost documents and belongings.
- Loss of Checked Baggage: Compensation for the permanent loss of
- Delay of Checked Baggage: Compensation for reasonable expenses
incurred for the purchase of toiletries, clothing and medication due to delay of
checked-in baggage for more than 12 hours
- Personal Liability: Compensation of damages to be paid to a third
party, resulting from death, injury or damage to health or property caused involuntarily
by the insured
- Financial Emergency Assistance: International Travel Insurance
cover is provided in the event of the Insured Person getting into a financial emergency
due to theft, pilferage, robbery or dacoity of his/her travel funds. A fixed sum
is paid as emergency assistance up to the limits specified under the Travel Insurance
- Contingency Travel Benefits: Pays for the cost of hotel Accommodation
if the Insured Person sustains Bodily Injury or Sickness which directly and independently
of all other causes results in a hospital stay as an in-patient and misses his/her
flight back to the country of residence
- Hijack Distress Allowance:
International Travel Insurance cover is provided in the event of the hijack of the
air or sea common carrier in which the Insured Person is Travelling whilst on the
trip abroad during the Period of Insurance. An allowance will be paid for each day
of the hijack up to the limits specified under the Policy
- Single Trip Travel Insurance: 6 months to 70 years
- Annual Multi Trip Travel Insurance: 18 years to 70 years
- Single Trip Asia Excluding Japan: 6 months to 70 years
- Family Floater Travel Insurance Plan:
Up to the age of 60 yrs
Up to the age of 60 yrs
- Maximum 2 dependent children can be covered
- From age of 3 months to age of 21 years
The company shall not be liable to pay any benefit to the Insured caused due to:
- Civil War or Foreign War
- Self Inflicted Injury, Suicide
- Non adherence to medical advice
- Under influence of Liquor, Drugs or Narcotics (Unless advised/administered by a
- Participation in any Sport as a Professional Player
- Participation in any Criminal Act
- AIDS or HIV
- Treatment of Nervous and Mental Problems
- Participating in hazardous sports like parachuting, hang gliding, bungee jumping
- *Please note these are illustrative exclusions. For a detailed
list, kindly refer the policy wordings.
- *This content is descriptive only. Actual coverage
is subject to language policy issued.
Read more ...
Why does one require Travel Insurance?
Travel Insurance provides you and your family medical, financial and other assistance
in case of an emergency or untoward circumstances while travelling on an International
No matter who you are: a business traveler or a leisure traveler: you are now safer
with Overseas Travel Insurance which protects you from unfortunate events such as
loss or delay in checked baggage, passport loss, a medical emergency or an Accident.
Insure your trip and enjoy a hassle free journey.
What are the available plans with HDFC ERGO?
HDFC ERGO provides coverages for Single Trip, Multiple Trips, Asia, and also a Family
Floater Plan with various Sum Insured options to choose from.
What are the eligibility criterias?
Our Travel Insurance policy is available for all ages between 6 months – 70
What is the minimum period for a trip to be insured?
Our Travel Plans provide coverage to travel trips as short as 1- 4 days.
Does one have to go through any medical examination?
No, there is no medical examination required upto the age of 70 years.
Is Travel insurance mandatory for Schengen Visa?
Yes it is mandatory to buy travel insurance before you apply for schengen visa
What are the Schengen Visa requirements?
One needs to be at least covered for US$ 50000 sum insured under Travel Insurance
plan. For more details please visit Schengen consulate website.
Is there any medical check-up required for Schengen Travel Insurance?
Medical check-up is not required upto the age of 70 years. We may call for medicals
irrespective of the age if customer is having and pre-existing illness.