How to Renew Online Bike Insurance in 3 Easy Steps?
Apart from the fact that having a two wheeler insurance is mandatory in India, it is also very important to ensure continued protection of your vehicle from accidents and other dangers. It is a known fact that driving a two wheeler is way more risky than driving a car as you are more vulnerable to road accidents in the latter case. A comprehensive bike insurance policy provides protection against theft, natural calamities, personal accident, third party liability and much more.
A comprehensive insurance plan is designed to cover protection for five major areas:
- Medical Bills for the rider injured while riding – It covers injuries that are caused due to an accident that involve multi-vehicle collision or accidents that do not involve any other vehicle
- Damage to the bike – It covers physical damage caused to the bike due to accidents as well as the damage caused due to theft, vandalism or calamities
- Accident coverage for the other injured –It provides accidental coverage for the other party involved as well as the legal liability due to accidental damages resulting in permanent injury or the death of a person.
- Damage to any third party vehicle – It provides coverage for damage caused to any third party vehicle involved in the collision as well as damage caused to any physical property due to a motorcycle collision
- Total loss coverage – Comprehensive coverage provides a total bike protection or replacement if the bike is severely damaged. The value of the bike is calculated at a depreciated value.
HDFC ERGO Insurance – Safe, Comprehensive and Simple
The two wheeler insurance policy by HDFC Ergo has been designed to offer you protection in all the above areas and much more. Our long-term insurance policy now provides you insurance coverage for three years with affordable premiums and completes protection against accidents, thefts, natural calamities, and third-party liabilities.
And if your insurance policy is expired and needs renewal, you can renew online two wheeler insurance instantly in 3 easy steps. Here is how:
Step 1: Calculate Premium
Login to HDFC ERGO official website and fill in your personal and vehicle details, and previous policy number to calculate the premium.
Note – Before filling in the details select whether you want to renew insurance policy from other insurer or from HDFC Ergo.
Step 2 – Fill Details
Select the premium and proceed to the next page and fill in all the personal contact details, address, vehicle details and nominee details.
Step 3- Make Payments
You have multiple payment options such as credit/debit card, net banking, and payment wallets to choose from. Select the suitable payment mode to make the payment online and you are done.
As easy as that. Once done, you will receive details of the insurance policy in your registered email address. HDFC ERGO will send you reminder well before your next bike insurance renewaldate to ensure your policy is renewed before it expires thereby helping you save big on timely insurance renewal.
Many Benefits of Renewing Your Two Wheeler Insurance on Time
In addition to providing with all the benefits of having a bike insurance, renewing the insurance on time has many other benefits too such as:
Discounts and Perks
Timely renewal of two-wheeler insurance policy at HDFC Ergo ensures that you can avail amazing discounts and perks such as No Claim Bonus. Renewing after expiry date may result in you losing these perks and discounts
Sense of Security
Knowing that your bike insurance policy is renewed and valid gives you a sense of security and peace of mind. This gives you a confidence to ride safely on the road
Prevents Legal Implications
A policy renewed on time saves you from the fines imposes on you under traffic laws. If a traffic police stops you, you can show the insurance copy and ride freely without paying any fine.
So don’t wait for the insurance to expire. Instead renew it well in advance with the above mentioned 3 easy steps.
To know more buy and explore two wheeler insurance plans and its benefits click here