Single Trip Travel Insurance Plans by HDFC ERGO
Travel insurance protects the insured person against the unexpected expenses that may incur when travelling abroad such as accidents, sickness, flight delays, loss of baggage etc. Many people refrain from taking the insurance because they don’t want to pay an annual premium towards the travel that may or may not take.
What they are not aware of is that you need not take insurance for an entire one year, if you are only travelling once or twice a year. Also known as pay per trip travel insurance, single trip travel insurance is a special plan launched by HDFC ergo where you can buy insurance for a single specific trip overseas.
Single trip travel insurance versus multi-trip travel insurance
- A single trip travel insurance covers the insured for one specific trip whereas a multi trip travel insurance covers the insured person for a specific duration during which the person can take any number of trips that he/she desires.
- A single trip insurance plan is suitable for individuals who take one or two overseas trips in a year, usually for leisure. Multi-trip insurance is best for those who often fly overseas for business purposes.
- 5 single trip insurance plans when combined together can get costlier than a multi trip travel insurance plan. Therefore, anyone taking 5 or more trips annually should opt for multi trip travel insurance.
- In single trip travel insurance, the coverage is initiated from the day your journey commences and lasts for the entire duration of the trip. Multi trip insurance is valid for 365 days from the day of commencement of the policy.
- The maximum number of days you can get insured under a travel insurance single trip policy is 180 days. However, the maximum length of travel per trip that can be insured under multi trip policy is 30 to 45 days depending upon the policy you have bought.
Affordable travel insurance
A single trip travel insurance is a great initiative that helps you secure your trip without spending a fortune. Under HDFC ERGO Pay per Day travel policy, you can even specify the days you want to get insured if not for the entire trip.
While most solo travellers or people travelling with their families prefer buying single trip travel insurance, companies buy group travel insurance of multi trip travel insurance for business-related travel.
A lot of us think of travel insurance as an extra burden to our travel budget. However, with single trip travel insurance, you can travel hassle-free and tension free without shaking your budget too much. And when all this comes with the trusted name of HDFC ERGO that provides seamless support and the best of policies, there is no excuse not to get your travel insured.
Disclaimer: The above information is for illustrative purpose only. For more details, please refer to policy wordings and prospectus before concluding the sales.