Benefits of Buying Travel Insurance
Holidays are about truckloads of fun, excitement, adventure, and pure enrichment of the soul. Still, just before every holiday, sneaking in between these cheerful and happy feelings is the nervousness and uncertainty of visiting a new land. “What if something happens to us in a foreign land” is the most common question that strikes us as we get ready for our journey. The answer to that are travel insurance benefits. Travel insurance is the wisest decision you can take for yourself and your family. For those of you who still doubt the benefits of having travel insurance, here is some food for thought.
- Medical emergency & hospital cost: In a foreign land if, unfortunately, you fall sick and need to be admitted to the hospital, your insurance cover will ensure 24x7 hospital assistance, emergency evacuation, hospital stay and medicine bills as well as surgery cost.
- Lost baggage: Baggage losses are common. Imagine yourself stranded in a foreign land with nothing to your name. Well, if you take travel insurance, you will be reimbursed for the baggage loss.
- Reimbursement of postponed or preponed plan: If, due to some unfortunate circumstance like illness or injury in a foreign land you need to cut short your trip, you will be reimbursed for the ticket expenses due to change of plan. Similarly, if due to illness or injury you are forced to extend your plan, then also you will be reimbursed for extended hotel stay as well as for the ticket.
- Damage to rental car: Foreign lands are best explored when you can drive on your own around the country. However, there can be accidents or your car can get stolen. Your travel insurance will cover any third party liability claim arising out of such events.
- Permanent disability: If you meet with an accident that causes permanent disability, your travel insurance plan will provide lump-sum benefit for this irreplaceable loss after you return from the trip.
- Loss of cash: Currency loss can happen due to any reason. Cash can get stolen or it can get misplaced. With international travel insurance benefits, you will be emergency cash assistance.
HDFC ERGO travel insurance plans cover all the above points and more. For over 15 years, we have been consistently improvising plans to suit the needs of the customers and changing times Travel insurance is offered for three main categories:
- Individual travel insurance
- Family travel insurance
- Student travel insurance
Salient features of HDFC ERGO
Here is why HDFC travel insurance can be your best travel partner
- Vast geographical coverage including Schengen countries
- 24x7 online support
- Range of plans for different needs of travelers
- iAAA rating by ICRA certifying highest claim paying ability
With HDFC ERGO, it will always be a Happy Journey!