This festive season: Insure your car
Published on December 27, 2019. EST READ TIME: 5 MIN
This time of the year, you simply splurge! The home gets a makeover, your wardrobes get a makeover and if you truly want to celebrate, why not give a fantastic makeover to your garage with a brand-new car. This time of the year, there are many outings and parties planned and what better way than to flaunt your new car during these year-end festivities? According to a news report by , car sales rose by 5-7% during festive season and the upward trend is expected to continue.
Once you decide on a model that is suave, dependable and serves your purpose, don’t forget the next important step - Car insurance. A car is just like your family member and the way you secure the entire family with a health insurance policy, similarly it is important to go for a wholesome car insurance policy.
We, at HDFC ERGO, continuously strive to provide the best possible policy features to help car owners with an all-encompassing cover for their cherished car.
Inclusions under HDFC comprehensive car insurance policy
- This includes protection against damage due to accident by external means, theft or burglary, fire, explosion, lightening, self-ignition, riots, terrorism, malicious acts, transit by rail, lift, road, inland waterway or natural calamities.
- It also includes cost incurred during medical treatment of the driver at the time of the accident.
- Your cover includes the cost that the policy holder owes to the third party involved in the accident. In case of any injury to the third party involved, there is treatment coverage provided and in case of accidental death of the third party, a compensation amount is paid to their family. Any damage of property owned by the third party is also covered under this cover.
- It provides cover against damage due to theft, burglary, acts of terrorism etc.
- It provides protection against any damage caused during transit.
- It provides cover for legal liabilities of the policy holder in case of accident with a third party.
Add-ons that can be availed by paying marginally higher premiums:
- Zero depreciation: Under this add-on, you can avail compensation equal to the full value of your luxury car, without accounting for the depreciation.
- Loss of use/downtime protection: You can avail hassle free conveyance during the time your luxury car is in the garage under repair.
- Engine and gearbox cover: These are critical parts of your luxury car and thus need cover.
- No claim bonus protection: In case of no claims made during the previous year, you can avail attractive discounts on the policy.
- Emergency roadside assistance: Luxury cars cannot be and should not be repaired at just any uncertified garage. With this feature, you are just a phone call away from professional assistance.
A new car is like anew member and the best part about the festive season is that you do not need an excuse. When the entire family gets together to go through brochures, go on test drives and decide on that one car which serves everyone’s purpose.This becomes a milestone moment. Gift insurance to your new car this festive season and even if you are still committed to your old car, make sure that it is fully insured with the best possible cover options. Remember to renew the policy before it lapses so as to get the best benefits out of the policy.
Disclaimer: The above information is for illustrative purpose only. For more details, please refer to policy wordings and prospectus before concluding the sales.