What are the benefits of International Travel Insurance?
Even if you have your family’s support while travelling in a foreign land, there can be mishaps and it is only prudent to travel safe with an international travel plan.
At HDFC ERGO, we strive to make your international travel plans incredibly secure by offering:
- Vast geographical coverage including Schengen countries
- 24x7 online support
- Range of plans for different needs of travellers
- iAAA rating by ICRA certifying highest claim paying ability.
According to the travel format, there are three types of insurance plans available:
- Annual multi trip plan
- Single trip plan
- Family floater plan
The sum insured ranges from Rs 30,000 to Rs 5,00,000. Here are some of the unparalleled travel insurance benefits:
- Medical emergency & hospital cost: In a foreign land, if unfortunately, you fall sick and need to be admitted to the hospital, with international travel insurance medical you will be covered for 24x7 hospital assistance, emergency evacuation, hospital stay and medicine bills as well as surgery cost.
- Lost baggage: Baggage losses are common. Imagine yourself stranded in a foreign land with nothing to your name. Well, if you take travel insurance, you will be reimbursed for the baggage loss.
- Permanent disability: If you meet with an accident that causes permanent disability, your travel insurance plan will include reimbursement for this irreplaceable loss for a period of over 12 months after you return from the trip.
However there are some exclusions which won’t be covered by your insurance:
- Injury due to participation in any criminal act
- Ordeal due to civil war
- Non-adherence to medical advice
- Treatment of psychological problems
- Injury under the effect of alcohol
- Participation in dangerous sports such as sky diving, bungee jumping etc.
Disclaimer: The above information is for illustrative purpose only. For more details, please refer to policy wordings and prospectus before going ahead with the sales.