Know the Difference between Health Insurance Policy and Mediclaim
Health Insurance Plans in India work differently! Traditionally, it was all about getting hospitalized settling bills and saving them later to make claims. Endless follow ups with insurance companies was the trend, however times have changed now. These days you can easily register claims online and visit your nearest cashless hospitals to ensure you don’t have to pay out-of-pocket. However, even though times have changed there exists ambiguity with regards to mediclaim Vs health insurance plans. Let’s understand the difference between both of these terms as per the insurance industry.
How does Mediclaim Policy work?
- Mediclaim policies are usually recommended for hospitalization towards accidental hospitalization or for treating any specific illnesses.
- These days many Mediclaim policies offer cashless treatment facility at their pre registered hospitals.
- You can add your family members under this plan
- You are eligible to get tax benefits under section 80D
How does Health Insurance plan work?
- Offers broader coverage for various illnesses and is quite comprehensive.
- Avail benefits of choosing add on covers and other optional coverage.
- Benefit of having no restriction on room rent just like how Health Suraksha Plan works
- Tax exemption under section 80D remains constant
Though both work in a similar manner, you can easily say that a mediclaim policy is a part of health insurance plan. Just that health insurance plans are exhaustive and designed to cater a wide range of needs. If you are looking to buy a comprehensive health insurance plan go for Health Suraksha, which is our most recommended plan. It not only offers a whole lot of coverage but also lets you choose from a wide range of add on covers.
Disclaimer - The above information is for illustrative purpose only. For more details, please refer to policy wordings and prospectus before concluding the sales.