Benefits Of Having A Roadside Assistance Cover In Your Car Insurance Plan
Roadside Assistance Cover in your Car Insurance Plan is an add-on cover and acts as your most trusted ally when the vehicle breaks down. In other words, Roadside Assistance Coverage means a professional technician comes to your rescue when your car breaks down in the middle of the journey leaving you stranded. It comes as an additional cover on almost every auto insurance policy and has a host of benefits such as:
1. Minor repairs: In case of a minor problem, the customer is assisted over a phone call. Sometimes, minor glitches cause the vehicle to stop and can be taken care of by the driver himself/herself if guided properly.
2. Towing service: If due to any mechanical or electrical fault or in case of an accident, the car becomes immobilized and can’t be repaired on the spot, then proper arrangements are made for the vehicle to be towed to the nearest garage for servicing.
3. Battery breakdown: In case the vehicle is immobilized due to a rundown battery and needs a jumpstart, a technician is sent to start the motor-vehicle by appropriate means.
4. Flat Tyre: If the tyre gets flat and you are unable to change it or do not have a spare one, a mechanic will be sent to your location to replace the flat tyre.
5. Spare keys: Another common problem is when the driver loses the key or the key doesn’t work. In those cases also, the service provider will send a person to your place of residence and get the keys for you.
6. Fuel delivery: When you run out of fuel, don’t panic. The Roadside Assistance Cover will come to your aid. Fuel will be delivered to the spot but one may have to pay for it.
7. Accommodation arrangement: If the car owner wants accommodation near the garage where the vehicle is being repaired, arrangements are made by the insurance company.
8. Travel arrangement/Taxi service: : While the insured vehicle is undergoing repairs, the policy holder can avail of taxi services to his office/house. This facility is, however, provided to only one destination.
Also let’s understand how it all works.
Well, insurance companies like HDFC ERGO partner with a network of trusted brands that provide roadside assistance services. The service provider sent for your assistance is picked on the basis of location, vehicle, and other circumstances.
If conditions like age of the vehicle, range of commuting, and convenience are suitable, having this policy add-on on insurance cover is quite beneficial as it can save you huge amount of service fees. Usually, the roadside assistance services cost just around the range of Rs 1000 to Rs 5000, depending on the roadside assistance plans one opts for capping the number of services needed and size of the geographical area covered.
Disclaimer:The above information is for illustrative purpose only. For more details, please refer to policy wordings and prospectus before going ahead with the sales