All You Need to Know About Student Travel Insurance
As you plan to leave the country to study abroad, you get caught up in packing things, arranging visas and connecting with fellow classmates. A student travel insurance policy is a crucial part of planning your study abroad. It is like an assurance that you are protected if something happens to you or your possessions, which brings peace of mind to you and your family.
Opting for student travel insurance will not only take care of your medical expenses, it also comes very useful to protect you from emergencies and losses. In fact, the importance of student travel insurance can be gauged from the fact that many universities make it mandatory for a student to purchase travel insurance.
It acts as a catalyst to enable a smooth travel experience in an international country so that you can focus on the most important part, the studies.
Student Travel Insurance by HDFC ERGO
HDFC ERGO student travel insurance is designed to cover the travel risks and losses that could possibly occur during the prolonged stay of a student. It offers a plethora of coverage at a very affordable premium rate.
Travel insurance for student by HDFC ERGO covers for:
- Accidental death or permanent disablement of the insured due to an accident
- Emergency medical expenses incurred due to an accident or unexpected sickness
- The expense for emergency dental treatment incurred due to an accident or injury
- Medical evacuation or body repatriation costs to the country of residence
- Reimbursement for the expenses in obtaining a duplicate passport in case of loss of passport
- Reimbursement for loss of checked baggage
- Delay of checked baggage for more than 24 hours
- Personal liability benefit as a result of a lawsuit for property damage or an accident brought against the insured person
- Bail amount reimbursement in case of arrest or detention by police for a bailable offence
- Compensation in the event of interruption of study whilst abroad
- Tuition fees reimbursement in case of death of the sponsor
- Medical expense incurred in the treatment of a mental or nervous disorder
- Medical expense incurred in the treatment of expectant mothers after a waiting period of 10 months
The above exhaustive list of coverage by HDFC ERGO student travel insurance reaffirms that you are covered for most of the emergencies that you might face during your stay abroad. The amount spent in buying the travel insurance for student is minimal. But if you look at the security of the huge amount you are spending towards the tuition fees, lodging and boarding of the student abroad.
The process of buying and claiming insurance with HDFC ERGO is easy and convenient. You can do everything online with just a few clicks by visiting https://www.hdfcergo.com/travel-insurance/student-suraksha-travel-insurance-policy.html
Disclaimer: The above information is for illustrative purpose only. For more details, please refer to policy wordings and prospectus before concluding the sales.