Home Insurance Claim Process Made Easy
When you are a proud homeowner, the last thing you want is to go through any sort of damage to your cherished property or undergo an aftermath of a theft or burglary. It can be quite overwhelming to even think about insurance at a time of occurrence of any such incident. For this reason, it is best to know beforehand how to go about the process of claim settlement and how easy all of it can be with HDFC ERGO by your side.
Home Insurance Claim Tips
In the wake of damage/theft, please ensure that you gather details on the following parameters as accurately as possible:
- List of equipment damaged
- Location of your home
- Cause of loss/damage
- Amount of loss
- Policy Number of your home insurance policy
Attention to these details will prevent your home insurance claim from being denied. It is also important to register your claim as soon as possible, keeping in view the home insurance time limit.
To avoid any home insurance claim disputes and speedy settlement process, please ensure that you should be able to produce following documentation:
- Invoice for reconstruction
- Fire brigade report/FIR
- Repair/Replacement bills
- Invoices/Receipts for stolen items
How to go about the home insurance claim settlement process?
- In the event of an untoward incident, please notify the concerned law enforcement authorities or fire department immediately.
- Following this, please call the insurance company as soon as possible to register your claim.
- Ensure that you assess the damages/losses to the best of your abilities and collect data on the parameters mentioned above.
- You will be required to fill out a claim settlement form with your personal details, policy number, specifics of damage/loss, location, time, date, cause of damage/loss, extent of damage/loss and whether it has been reported to the police or not.
- After filling out the claim form, a surveyor from the insurance company will visit the site of loss/damage to assess the genuineness of the claim. Please extend your cooperation and produce all the required documentation to the surveyor for speedy home insurance claim settlement.
- Once the surveyor completes his assessment, the insurance company will process all the documentation produced and settle the claim.
Home insurance claim process: Easier than ever with HDFC ERGO!
With HDFC ERGO, claim settlement promises to be a breeze! You don’t have to worry about long winding processes since:
- HDFC ERGO provides a 24x7 helpline for claim registration. You can reach them on the all India toll-free telephone number 1800-2-700-700.
- The claim settlement forms are available online and are merely a click away. Simply download them from HDFC ERGO’s webpage, fill them out and upload them back onto the website.
- HDFC ERGO also offers the ‘Track your Claim’ feature for you to closely follow the status of your home insurance claim.
- In the event of any confusion or assistance, home insurance experts at HDFC ERGO are ever ready to help you out through the chat portal on the webpage.
To know more buy and explore home insurance plans and its benefits click here