Be Wise And Buy Home Insurance Online
The saying goes that houses are made of walls and beams, while homes are made of hopes and dreams. Over time, we tend to grow sentimentally attached to the place we inhabit due to the experiences we share with our loved ones under the same roof. It comes as no surprise that our cherished home require protection from any kind of damage – both natural and man-made.
The bricks and stones of home insurance…
Home insurances are comprehensive packages that offer the following plans and coverage for you to choose from:
- Standard Fire and Special Perils policy (Includes lightning, storms, floods, earthquakes, landslides, explosions, riots, strikes)
- Theft & Burglary cover
- Appliance Breakdown cover
- TV Damages Policy
- Third Party Death/Injury Coverage
How to buy home insurance online?
With Indians becoming increasingly tech and internet savvy, it has become increasingly easy for customers to buy their home insurance online. To apply for home insurance online:
- Visit the HDFC ERGO webpage and choose the home insurance category.
- You will be directed to a webpage that will require some details to calculate your home insurance online quote.
- Under ‘Property details’, you will be required to furnish the following information:
- Whether age of property is more than 30 years? (Yes/No)
- Type of ownership (Rented/Owned)
- Whether the house is a flat/apartment/independent house or a cooperative society?
- Under ‘Policy Details’, you will be required to furnish the tenure of insurance along with policy start date and policy end date.
- Please provide your Full Name, contact number and email ID under ‘Contact Details’
- Click on ‘Calculate Premium’ to get your home insurance quote online.
- Once you click ‘Proceed’, you’ll be directed to the next page where you will be required to provide details such as your name, DOB, email ID, permanent address, and location of your home to be insured and whether the home will be self-owned, leased or occupied on rent.
- Click on ‘Proceed’ to be directed to the payment section. Here, you will be required to fill in your payment credentials and authenticate your payment through a one-time password.
- After payment, you will receive an email confirmation on the registered email ID.
Benefits of buying home insurance online
Buying your insurance online gives you an advantage over dealing with an agent. You do not have to worry about the competence of the agent or whether they have vested interests with the insurance companies they represent which may lead to you not getting the best home insurance solution. When you choose to buy your home insurance online with HDFC ERGO, you are entitled to exclusive benefits like:
- 5 year long term cover for owners
- Discount up to 25% for fire cover and 15% for burglary cover
- Hassle-free buying with easy documentation
To know more buy and explore home insurance plans and its benefits click here: https://uatsf.heintra.in/home-insurance-policy