How to Boost Your Metabolism ?
Do you envy people who can eat whatever they like and yet manage to stay slim? Well...their high metabolism is usually responsible for this! Metabolism is a chemical process that goes on inside your body to help you stay fit, active and keep all your organs functioning normally. This requires energy, and your body derives energy from the foods that you eat. The rate at which the body produces energy by burning calories to keep you active is known as BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate). In other words, the higher the amount of energy your body produces, the more calories you will burn, and more active and slim you will be!
Boosting metabolism made easy
For some people, the metabolic rate is naturally higher than others. However, the good news is that, you too can boost your metabolism and stay healthy by following some easy tips. Like, having healthy eating habits and maintaining a good lifestyle can go a long way.
Here are some foods that can give your metabolism a boost:
- Protein sources –Chicken, tofu, fish, nuts, beans, eggs and low-fat dairy products can help boost your metabolism. That is because the body burns more calories digesting proteins than it does in case of carbohydrates or fats. Plus, proteins can help repair and build muscles. They are necessary for vital functions as well.
- Black coffee – Caffeine, when taken in moderation, can help boost metabolism, albeit temporarily. Black coffee also reduces your appetite and keeps you from overeating.
- Spices and chillies – Spices and green chillies contain a chemical that helps you burn more fat than usual and boost your metabolism. You can simply spice up your favourite dish by adding red and green chillies and peppers.
- Green tea- Caffeine, combined with catechins, can also boost your metabolism for a few hours.
Apart from including the above-mentioned foods in your diet, these simple lifestyle changes can go a long way in increasing your metabolism:
- Make exercise a part of your life – Simple exercises such as resistance training and aerobics play a key role in boosting your metabolism and keeping you fit and active. But, if you want to maintain a healthy lifestyle, you need to make them a part of your daily routine.
- Don’t stress – Stress can wreak havoc on your body, and not just mentally, but physically too. Stress causes you to eat and drink more than is good for you, which is not healthy. People also tend to eat sugary and greasy foods when they are stressed. This can cause weight gain and obesity.
- Wholesome and fibre-rich diet – Vitamin B plays a very important role in boosting brain function and cell metabolism. Eating a well-balanced fibre-rich diet that includes whole grains, legumes, nuts and seeds, fresh fruits and dark leafy veggies will ensure that you get the required dosage of vitamin B.
- Stay Hydrated – Sufficient water intake can help the body burn calories better, thereby increasing your metabolism and aiding weight loss. So, make sure to drink 3-4 litres of water daily, unless you suffer from any kidney problem. In such cases, consult your doctor first.
- Get proper rest -Sleep plays a major role in keeping you healthy and fresh. Proper sleep regulates appetite and in turn boosts metabolism. Ensure that you get at least 7-8 hours of uninterrupted sleep every day.
To conclude, healthy eating habits and a balanced lifestyle will keep you active and energized throughout the day, thereby boosting your metabolism. This will keep many common ailments at bay too. And for unforeseen circumstances, never ignore the importance of Health Insurance