Do You Need An Additional Critical Illness Policy?
Critical illness, as the name suggests, refers to illnesses or diseases that can impact you deeply and could be life threatening as well. These illnesses may create physical and emotional imbalance. If an individual suffers from any of these critical illnesses, he or she may not be able to lead a normal lifestyle. This may lead to loss of income and create financial insecurity in family. For treating a critical illness, you have to bear a lot of medical expenses and for meeting such exorbitant expenses you may end up draining your savings. To avoid hampering lifelong savings and combat against financial short comings for medical treatment, it is always advisable to buy medical insurance with critical illness cover.
Critical illness policy can be opted in two ways, first is buying an exclusive critical illness plan for more than 15 critical diseases or take it as add-on rider with your base health insurance plans.
Critical illness as add on health insurance policy
Buying a critical illness plan as a rider is a good way to secure your overall health and get a critical illness cover too at a minimal premium. In this way you can make the most out health insurance addons.
Click here to buy critical illness health insurance as a rider
Exclusive Critical illness medical insurance
When you decide to buy the best critical illness insurance, it’s totally worth it. This benefit plan offers lump Sum Insured in one transaction on detection of the listed critical illness.
Click here to buy exclusively critical illness health insurance
Exclusion for Critical Illness Plan
- War or any act of war, invasion, act of foreign enemy, war like operations
- Criminal or unlawful act, or intentional self-injury or attempted suicide while sane or insane
- Participation or involvement in naval, military or air force operation, racing, diving, aviation, scuba diving, parachuting, hang-gliding, rock or mountain climbing
- Intoxicating drugs and alcohol
- Venereal disease, "AIDS” (Acquired Immune deficiency Syndrome) and/or infection with HIV
- Any treatment arising from pregnancy (including voluntary termination), miscarriage, maternity or birth (including caesarean section)
For a complete list of exclusions, kindly refer the policy wordings
"Note: The content is descriptive only. For actual coverage, kindly refer the policy document."
To know more buy and explore health insurance plans and its benefits click here