Day Care Coverage by Health insurance policies of HDFC ERGO
We often associate health insurance as useful only when someone is admitted to the hospital, but the fact is that your health insurance policy offers much more. One such offer is ‘day care procedures’. One must opt for this coverage while buying health insurance.
With the advancement in science and technology, there are certain critical surgeries, procedures etc. for which lengthy hospital stays are not required and can be completed within less than 24 hours. Though not requiring hospital stay, these procedures surely are critical as well as expensive.
We, at HDFC ERGO, strive to offer the most carefully curated health insurance policies for the utmost comfort, safety and financial stability of the policy holders and thus we offer coverage for a wide range of day care procedures under both individual as well as family floater health insurance policies.
The list of the exact day care procedures in health insurance can vary depending on the policy but here is a comprehensive list:
- Cataract operation
- Removal of foreign body
- Corneal incision
- Tear duct operations
- Eyelid incision
- Corrective surgery for entropion, ectropion
- Nasal sinus aspiration
- Operation on nasal concha
- Operations on the auditory ossicles
- Operations on the middle ear
- Reconstruction of the middle ear
- Incision of the inner ear
- Orthopaedics and trauma surgery
- Fractures and sutures on tendons
- Dislocation surgery
- Skin transplantation and restoration
- Chemosurgery to skin
- Plastic surgery to the mouth
- Coronary angiography
There are innumerable advantages of day care procedures coverage. This coverage ensures that you get quality treatment and return back to your day-to-day life within 24 hours of the treatment or surgery without any financial burden.
With HDFC ERGO, you can be assured of 24*7 support, cashless claims, swift claims process, seamless support and a host of unparalleled benefits apart from the coverage of day care procedures:
- Inpatient treatment which covers hospitalisation expenses for a period longer than 24 hrs
- Pre hospitalisation expenses which cover related medical expenses incurred 60 days prior to hospitalisation
- Post hospitalisation expenses which cover related medical expenses incurred within 90 days from date of discharge
- Domiciliary treatment which covers medical treatment at home, on the advice of a physician
- Organ donor expenses
- Emergency ambulance charges to transport the insured person to a hospital
- Ayush benefit which covers costs for non allopathic treatment
We offer timely support in times of distress for you and your family. With our constantly evolving offers and features, we strive to offer the best to our policy holders.
While you compare health insurance plans for senior citizens in India, always look for no entry and exit age restrictions. This means you can buy the policy at any age and discontinue if you wish to.
To know more about our Health Insurance Plans and its benefitsCLICK HERE