Benefits of renewing your health insurance policy
You have spent days finding the best health insurance plan for your family. The plan is awesome with a modest premium and extensive coverage. You have been renewing it religiously for the past three years. However, this year the work load is high and you are constantly travelling. Amid all the chaos, you forgot to renew health insurance policy.
What are the consequences?
- Almost all the major health insurance companies have a waiting period of 30 days from policy inception after which you can avail the benefit of insurance coverage. By timely renewal you can ensure there is no random waiting period for availing the coverage of medical expenses. Any delay means again waiting for 30 days.
- For every claim free year, you can avail a No Claim Bonus of 5%
- Many types of coverage such as maternity benefits or coverage for pre-existing ailments generally have a waiting period of three to four years starting from the date on which your insurance policy is issued. If your policy is not renewed on time, the waiting periods starts again from the scratch, nullifying the value of all the premiums and timely renewals you have made until then.
Clearly, it is crucial to renew your health insurance policy on time to ensure you get adequate coverage as per your plan.
And with so many online tools and reminder apps available, keeping a track of dates is so easy and convenient. Just set a reminder 30 days, 15 days or 7 days ahead of the renewal date. Once you get the reminder, all you need is 5 minutes and you can instantly renew health insurance online.
HDFC ERGO Online Policy Renewal
Online health insurance renewal process is easy, convenient, secure and extremely simple. Here is how to go for HDFC health insurance renewal online.
- Visit www.hdfcergo.com and click on "Instant Renewal"
- Enter your policy details
- Fill the details. You will get details about the premium to be paid
- Make the payment and renewal is done
The premium is calculated based on your plan, claim made last year, and your age. You can also renew an expired policy online within 30 days of the expiry date.
If there is a gap in policy renewal, you lose out on many benefits that you have acquired by paying premium and doing timely renewals over a period of time. Therefore, it is important to remain alert on due dates for premium payment. Also, if you bought the policy through an agent, you can ask your agent to keep track of dates.