How to get motor insurance quotes online?
Published on April 27, 2020. EST READ TIME: 5 MIN
The category of motor involves 2 wheelers, private vehicles and also commercial vehicles. Before deciding on the Motor Insurance Policy that one would like to buy it is an important step to obtain the quotes first. These can be done easily by visiting www.hdfcergo.com.
One needs to log on to www.hdfcergo.com.
For Private and Commercial car insurance.
Step 1:: Here the applicant is required to provide details of the vehicles they intend to insure. Some of the details that are required are as follows
- Vehicle owner- Whether the vehicle is owned by an individual or by any organization
- Vehicle details - Next requirement is to enter the details of the vehicles for which motor insurance policy has to be bought. The required details include the date and the place from where the vehicle was bought, the vehicle manufacturer, the model, the showroom price etc.
Step 2: Mention if you require any additional covers like the emergency assistance cover or zero depreciation cover. Optional coverages like personal accident and legal liability coverages are also available.
Step 3: If you are in any of the predefined professions then one can avail a 5% discount and an additional 10% discount can be obtained depending on one’s age.
Step 4: Depending on the information provided the premium calculator returns the quotes. The total premium is broken into two sub-parts; premium and the service tax.
2 wheeler insurance.
Step1: One has to provide details like:
- The city where the vehicle is registered
- The age of the vehicle (i.e. if the vehicle is less than 2 years old or 2 – 6 years old or 6 – 10 years old)
- The cubic capacity of the 2 wheeler
Step2: After entering these simple details the premium calculator calculates the premium and returns the quote to you
The quote helps an individual in their decision making process.
This blog has been written by
Mukesh Kumar | Motor Insurance Expert | 36+ years of experience in insurance industry
A veteran in the insurance industry, Mukesh Kumar has the expertise of handling various functions like Business Development, Underwriting, Claims, Human Resources, Quality Management and Marketing. With rich knowledge of the industry, he loves to share his views on topics of insurance sector and takes special interest in educating people on advantages of having insurance.
Mr. Mukesh Kumar recommends "getting your two wheeler insured from HDFC ERGO, a brand serving more than 1 crore+ customers. With overnight repair services and more than 6,800+ network garages, you can be assured of help in event of any damage to your vehicle".