Family Travel Insurance Policy
Juggling between office and home can be a daunting task for most of the parents. Parents each day are always on a look out to spend those few extra hours with their growing kids’. Away from the hush and bush, overseas holidays offer excitement, adventure, quality time in the company of your loved ones. So, if you are planning your next family holiday, don’t forget to add travel insurance to your list.
Why Choose a Family Travel Insurance with HDFC ERGO?
With the growing interest to discover popular destinations, family travel insurance still remains one of the least important matters to be talked about. A family vacation with kids’ while on one hand can offer fun-times like never before, but significantly also carry more risk as they are prone to catch diseases faster as compared to adults. Moreover, along with medical assistance, family travel insurance offers many other travel related benefits/perks.
Thus it becomes imperative to consider a well thought-out single/multi travel insurance policy, before you and your family plan your next holiday. Still not sure, which insurance plan to pick, choose the best overseas travel insurance policy with HDFC ERGO in India that competently handles all probable risks in foreign travel and allows you a stress free and an awesome travel experience.
- Convenient and easy to understand online purchase mechanism.
- Maximum coverage at affordable pricing.
- Various online travel insurance plans which are designed as per the growing needs of the customer.
- Even when you are away from home, you have access to 24*7 customer supports.
- Emergency medical expenses – Covers outpatient, in-patient, medical aid, therapies and diagnostic tests costs incurred due to illness or accident.
- Medical Evacuation - In case your condition is critical and you are supposed to be airlifted or taken in an ambulance to a better medical facility, the policy will cover all cost incurred during this move.
- Personal Accident - Compensation paid in case of accidental death or permanent total disability.
- Hospital cash - Daily allowance is paid if the insured is hospitalized.
- Loss of checked baggage - Loss of baggage during transit is a very common problem travelers experience on a regular basis. However, if you are insured under HDFC ERGO’s travel insurance policy, you can get compensation for the permanent loss of checked-in baggage.
- Loss of baggage & personal documents – Get a cover in case of lost baggage or loss of personal documents such as passport and other relevant documents.
- Other Benefits – Emergency Dental Treatment, Loss of Baggage & Personal Documents, Repatriation, Loss of Checked Baggage, Delay of Checked Baggage, Personal Liability and Hijack Distress Allowance
- Civil War or Foreign War.
- Self-Inflicted Injury, Suicide.
- Non adherence to medical advice.
- Under influence of Liquor, Drugs or Narcotics (Unless advised/administered by a physician).
- Participation in any Sport as a Professional Player.
- Participation in any Criminal Act.
- AIDS or HIV.
- Treatment of Nervous and Mental Problems.
- Participating in hazardous sports like parachuting, hang gliding, bungee jumping etc.
- For self and spouse the eligibility is 18 to 60 years age. Whereas for child it is 3 months to age of 21 years (Maximum two children can be covered)
Travel insurance cancellation process
A charge of Rs. 250/- is applicable on cancellation requests. Cancellation is possible only if customer has not travelled. If the cancellation request is received after the commencement of the policy date, photocopy of all pages of passport will be required as a proof that customer has not travelled.
Note: Coverages, terms and conditions and exclusions are only outlined briefly above. For complete details, please refer to the policy wordings.
The necessary steps
Travelling undoubtedly is one of the best ways to enlighten your mind and soul, and if planned with family becomes even more meaningful, memorable and enjoyable. However, a travel plan, especially to a foreign locale, should never be hurried. Depending on your travel plan, destination and budget choose the travel insurance policy and last but not the least don’t forget to read the inclusions as well as the exclusions part carefully.