Agriculture Crop Insurance Policy
Agriculture sector is demographically the most significant and broadest economic sector in India. Even a marginal dip in the agricultural production has trickled down effect on the whole economy. The variation in production is directly affected by many unfavorable conditions such as pest attacks, variations in weather conditions such as rainfall, temperature, humidity, etc. Thus, the need of the hour is to secure the yield and yield-based losses.
Therefore, HDFC ERGO is offering a comprehensive Yield-based Crop Insurance Policy along with weather insurance which is aimed at covering the production risks faced by the agricultural sector. This policy covers any shortfall in yield resulting due to Natural Fire and lightning, Storm, Hailstorm, cyclone, Typhoon, Tempest, Hurricane, Tornado, Flood, Inundation, Landslide, Drought, Dry spells, Pests/ Diseases, etc.
Who can take this policy?
- Financial Institutions / Companies extending credit facility for Agricultural Operations, whose repayments are affected by yield factors.
What is covered under this policy?
This policy covers
- Any shortfall in yield resulting due to Natural Fire and lightning, Storm, Hailstorm, cyclone, Typhoon, Tempest, Hurricane, Tornado, Flood, Inundation, Landslide, Drought, Dry spells, Pests/ Diseases, etc.
- Any loss due to prevented sowing / planting risk due to deficit rainfall or adverse seasonal conditions
- Any post harvest Losses
- Premium chargeable depends on various factors such as the type of crop, location, historical yield data, calamity years in the specified area and the indemnity level of yield crop.
HDFC ERGO shall not be liable to make any payment under the policy in case of loss or damage to the crop because of following reasons:
- The burning of the property by order of any public authority or subterranean fire
- Fire during harvest due to spark originating from engine exhaust and/or other hot machinery parts on harvesters and/or tractors
- Controllable diseases, weeds and/or controllable insect infestations
- Theft / clandestine sale of the Insured Crop
- Intentional destruction of the Insured Crop
- Poor crop stand due to either defective seed / sampling or unfavorable conditions prevailing during sowing period
- Action of birds and animals
- Acts of Terrorism Loss or damage
- Loss occurring due to industrial pollution and / or toxic waste
- Any loss incurred to any crop which has been harvested prior to inspection by our loss assessor
- This is a brief description of Exclusions. For detailed list, kindly contact our toll free call centre for full policy wordings
- *This content is descriptive only. Actual coverage is subject to the language of the policies as issued.
- Land record document (for the standing crop against which insurance is taken)
- Photo ID proof
The claims under this policy will be estimated with the help of crop cutting experiment done in the insured area
Individual assessment will be done in the insured area for ascertaining loss at pre-sowing and post harvest stages.
In case of claim under this policy, please contact HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company Limited on Toll free no: 1800-2-700-700 (Accessible from India only)
Or write a letter to Claim Manager 6th floor, Leela Business Park, Andheri Kurla Road, Andheri (East), Mumbai, Pin- 400059
Claim documents required:
- Duly completed claim form
- Land records as per Government norms
- Certificate from certifying agency nominated by Government or authorized by the Company
- Other than Government subsidized scheme, two photographs of damaged or loss incurred area of insured Crop which shows the loss under the policy