Plate Glass Insurance Policy
From showrooms, window displays to offices and more – glass is expensive and fragile. It can be shattered by a random act of violence / riots and more. The Plate Glass Insurance from HDFC ERGO covers accidental breakage of glass whilst situated at the Insured's premises from any cause other than those specifically excluded in the Policy.
The policy is ideally suited for all business establishments that have plate glass installed to enhance their visual and aesthetic appeal like showrooms, shopping complexes, restaurants, hotels, theatres, stadiums, etc.
- Our policy covers accidental breakage to any of the Glass.
- Intrinsic Value of Glass: means its Reinstatement Value less depreciation.
- Glass: Glass means fixed plain glass and mirrors in or on the premises of the Insured where such glass is situated, excluding painting, tinting, embossing or ornamental works on the Glass unless expressly stated in the Schedule and its value included in the Sum Insured. Glass shall also include frames and framework provided it is expressly stated in the Schedule and its value included in the Sum Insured.
For a additional premium, the policy can be extended to cover the risk of terrorism
- We advise value should be on Reinstatement Value
The policy does not cover loss and/or damage due to
- Deductible Excess stated in the Schedule to the policy
- Breakage or damage during removal, alterations and/or repairs in or about the premises
- Disfiguration or scratching or damage of Glass other than by way of a fracture extending through the entire thickness of Glass
- Breakage of Glass, which is not completely and securely fixed
- Cracked or imperfect Glass
- Expenses incurred for removal or replacement of any fittings or fixtures in order to replace Glass
- Any loss or damage arising from the interruption of or delay in the Insured's business during the time intervening between occurrence of any breakage and reinstatement of such Glass