Student Travel Insurance Suraksha
Globalization has opened wide range of avenues for students today. As a result students
are able to meet their ambition of studying abroad in any corner of the world and
avail the best of education & career. However safety is always a concern for
everybody, from the students to their families. To ensure this, HDFC ERGO brings
you Student Suraksha – Student Overseas Travel Insurance, a comprehensive
Student Travel Insurance policy. We at HDFC ERGO will ensure to safeguard your dreams
& secure your aspirations.
Student Suraksha – Student Overseas Travel Insurance
HDFC ERGO Student Suraksha – Student Overseas Travel Insurance is a comprehensive
travel insurance specially designed for students
to ensure their financial security in case of any emergency. This insurance policy
will enable students to study abroad worry-free, whether they lose their passport/baggage
or face any medical costs /emergency.
- Travel insurance for Indian students planning to study abroad or already studying
- Worldwide cover from 30 days to 2 years period
- Enjoy 24*7 HDFC ERGO’s international travel assistance support
- Manage your travel policy online to match your study duration, while abroad
- No health / medical check-up required
- Option to include covers like maternity, childcare benefits, cancer screening &
mammography examinations and mental & nervous disorders
Student Suraksha – Student Overseas Travel Insurance
- Accidental Death: Pays the family of the insured compensation in
the case of loss of life in an accident.
- Permanent Disablement: Pays compensation if the insured is permanently
disabled in an accident.
- Emergency Medical Expenses: Reimburses the insured for medical
expenses incurred for an accident or an unexpected sickness.
- Medical Evacuation: Pay the actual costs or the total sum insured, stated in the
schedule, whichever is lesser, for repatriating insured back to the country of residence.
- Body Repatriation: Pay the
actual costs or the total sum insured stated in the schedule, whichever is lesser,
for repatriating insured corpse to the country of residence.
- Emergency Dental Treatment: Reimburses the insured for emergency
dental expenses incurred for an injury or acute pain.
- Loss of Passport: In the event that the passport belonging to the
insured is lost, the insured is reimbursed the actual expenses incurred in obtaining
a duplicate or fresh passport.
- Loss of Checked Baggage: If baggage, personal documents or personal
effects are checked onto a common carrier, the insured is reimbursed the cost of
replacement for any damaged or lost articles.
- Delay of Checked Baggage: Provides an amount for emergency purchases
on account of delay in baggage.
- Personal Liability: Pays a benefit for damages that an insured
person is legally liable for as the result of a lawsuit for property damage being
brought against the insured person. Also pays a benefit for medical expenses that
an insured person is legally liable for as the result of a law suit for an accident
caused by the insured person resulting in bodily injury to another person.
- Bail Bond: Pays the bail amount for the insured on arrest or detention
by police for a bail-able offence in the territory of travel.
- Study Interruption: Pays compensation in the event of interruption
of study whilst abroad.
- Sponsor Protection: Pays tuition fees to the insured in the event
of accidental death of insured’s sponsor.
- Compassionate Visit: Pays amount incurred to the insured in the
event of compassionate Visit by one immediate family member.
- Psychological Coverage: Pays for treatment of mental and nervous
disorders, including alcoholism and drug dependency.
- Treatment for Expectant Mothers: Pays for in-patient medical expenses
related to pregnancy after a waiting period of 10 months.
- Screening and Examinations: Pays for cancer screening and mammographic
examinations on recommendation from physician.
- Childcare Benefit:
Pays for hospital cash benefits of childcare.
- Age Limit – From 16 years to 35 years age
- Indian students traveling abroad to pursue higher studies
- The existing Indian students, who are studying abroad can also be covered
Student Suraksha – Student Overseas Travel Insurance Exclusion
- Any Medical Expenses incurred when the specific purpose of a journey is to receive
medical treatment or advice.
- Any Medical Expenses incurred, the need of which arises out of a Pre-existing Conditions.
- Any Medical Expenses incurred within the territorial limits that are not stated
in the schedule.
- Exclusions Applicable to Bodily Injury or Sickness:
- Occasioned by Civil War or Foreign War.
- Caused or provoked intentionally by the Insured.
- Due to wilful or deliberate exposure to danger, (except in an attempt to save human
life), intentional self-inflicted injury, suicide or attempt threat, or arising
out of non-adherence to medical advice.
- Sustained or suffered whilst the Insured is or as a result of the Insured being
under the influence of alcohol or drugs or narcotics unless professionally administered
by a Physician or unless professionally prescribed by and taken in accordance with
the directions of a Physician.
- Due to a gradually operating cause.
- Sustained whilst or as a result of participating in any sport as a professional
- Sustained whilst or as a result of participating in any competition involving the
utilisation of a motorised land, water or air vehicle.
- Whilst the Insured is travelling by air other than as a fare paying passenger on
an aircraft registered to an Airline Company for the transport of paying passengers
on regular and published Scheduled routes.
- Whilst or as a result of participating or committing or attempting to commit a breach
of law with criminal intent.
- Caused by or arising from the conditions commonly known as Acquired Immunodeficiency
Syndrome (AIDS) or Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) and/or any related illness
or condition including derivatives or variations thereof howsoever acquired or caused.
- Caused by or arising from or due to venereal or venereal related disease.
- Sustained whilst or as a result of engaging in, practising for or taking part in
training peculiar to any kind of violent labour disturbance, riot or civil commotion
or public disorder.
- Sustained whilst on service
or on duty with or undergoing training with any military or police force, or militia
or paramilitary organisation, notwithstanding that the Bodily Injury occurred whilst
the Insured was on leave or not in uniform.
- For treatments for nervous or mental problems, whatever their classification, psychiatric
or psychotic conditions, depression of any kind, or mental insanity.
- Any pathological fracture.
- For cures of any kind and all stay in long term care institutions (retirement homes,
convalescence centres, centres of detoxification, etc.).
- For investigations, operations or treatment of a purely cosmetic nature; or for
obesity; or undertaken to facilitate pregnancy or to cure impotence or to improve
- For Bodily Injury sustained whilst or as a result of active participation in any
hazardous sport such as parachuting, hang-gliding, parasailing, off-piste skiing
or bungee jumping, skiing, jet skiing, paragliding, parachuting and racing of any
- For Bodily Injury sustained as the result of Terrorism.
- Nuclear Energy risks.
- Injury caused by surgery.
coverage, terms & conditions and exclusions are only outlined briefly. For complete
details, please refer to the policy wordings.
How do I extend my Policy?
Please send a request mail to Care@hdfcergo.com for extension of policy along with
health declaration attached to it. You will receive a response from us with the
detailed procedure and the additional premium amount.
For how many days can the Policy be extended?
The total policy period including extension should not exceed 2 years.
Can the sum insured be increased?
The Sum Insured cannot be increased.
Can the Policy be cancelled?
The policy may be cancelled via request on Email/Fax. The intimation of cancellation
has to reach us within 14 days of policy issuance. If the policy has already incepted,
a copy of all 40 pages of the passport needs to be submitted as a proof that the
journey has not been undertaken. Cancellation charges of Rs. 250/- shall be applicable
and the balance shall be refunded.
What does 'Deductible' mean?
Deductible means the amount of a claim that has to be borne by the insured.