Commercial Vehicles Insurance Policy
To keep your business going, it is imperative to have the vehicles owned by you, insured. HDFC ERGO offers package commercial vehicle insurance policies which protect your business from a financial loss arising out of accidental loss or damage to your vehicle, your legal liability towards third parties for personal injury, death and property damage on account of any accident involving your vehicle.
HDFC ERGO offers vehicle insurance package policies for Commercial Vehicles across the various classes of vehicles like Goods Carrying Vehicles both Private and Public Carrier, Trailers, Passenger Carrying Vehicles, Miscellaneous and Special Types of vehicles – Mobile Rig, Shovels, Grabs, Tractor, Excavator etc.
- Superior service levels and Standardized processes
- Cashless Claim Service over 1600+ authorized network of garages across India
- Recognized as one of the fastest claims settling Insurance Companies among private insurers
- Comprehensive support through our dedicated customer support team
Loss Of Or Damage To The Vehicle Insured
Loss or damage to the vehicle insured caused by any one of the following events:
- Accident by external means
- Burglary, House Breaking or Theft
- Fire, Explosion, Self Ignition, Lightning
- Terrorism, Riots, Strikes, Malicious Acts
- Transit by road, rail, inland waterways, air or lift
- Earthquake, Flood, Storm, Landslide or Rockslide
- Liability To Third Parties
Covers the legal liability for Injury / Death and / or Property Damage caused to a third party in the event of an accident caused by or arising out of the use of the vehicle
- Personal Accident Cover:
The policy also provides for a mandatory Personal Accident Cover for Owner Driver for an amount of Rs. 2 Lacs covering Accidental Death and Permanent Total Disability. It also covers the paid driver.
- The coverage for your Vehicle would depend on the manufacturer’s listed selling price less depreciation for each year or the IDV (Insured’s declared Value). The IDV would be the maximum amount payable in the event of a claim for Total Loss / Theft.
- The premium for a package Commercial Vehicle insurance policy would depend on:
- Sum Insured / Insured’s Declared Value (IDV)
- Type of vehicle
- Age of the vehicle
- Place of Registration
- Fuel type (Petrol / Diesel / CNG / LPG)
- Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW) / Licensed Carrying Capacity (LCC) as applicable.
- Choose a variety of optional covers on payment of additional premium, as listed below:
- Electrical / Non Electrical items can be insured separately
- Personal Accident cover for owner driver
- Personal Accident cover for Named / Unnamed Passengers
- Personal Accident cover for paid driver / employee
- Legal liability for paid driver in connection with the operation of the insured vehicle
- Legal liability to Non fare paying passengers
- Cover for lamps, tyres / tubes, mudguards, bonnet /side parts, bumpers, headlights and paintwork of damaged portion only
- Use of commercial type vehicles for both commercial and private purposes
- General ageing, wear and tear
- Mechanical or Electrical breakdown, failure
- Damage by a person driving under the influence of Liquor / Alcohol / Drugs
- Depreciation, any consequential loss
- Loss / Damage attributable to War / Mutiny / Nuclear risks
- Damage to tyres and tubes unless the vehicle is damaged at the same time in which case the Liability of the company shall be limited to 50% of the cost of replacement
- Loss / Damage outside India
- Damage caused by overloading or strain of the Insured Vehicle
- Damage to any bridge and / or via duct and / or to any road and/or anything beneath by vibration or by the weight of the insured vehicle and / or load carried by the insured vehicle.
- *Please note these are illustrative exclusions. For a detailed list, kindly refer the policy wordings.
- *This content is descriptive only. Actual coverage is Subject to the language of policy issued.