The Indian Agriculture Industry is on the brink of another green revolution that
makes it more lucrative and profitable, as the total agriculture production in India
is likely to Double in next ten years that too in an organic way. HDFC ERGO offers
Cattle Insurance Policy for protection of Indian rural people from financial loss
due to death of their cattle, which is one the most valued possessions of the rural
The Policy covers the persons having cows, bullocks or buffaloes of either sex certified
as being in sound and perfect health and free from injury or disease by a veterinary
doctor / surgeon and who are Members (in groups) of Micro Finance Institutions,
Non Government Organisations, Government Sponsored Organisations and such affinity
groups / institutions in rural and social sector.
- Death of cattle Covers the cattle insured whilst within a geographical
area specified in the policy schedule, in case of loss of life accident or diseases
contracted or surgical operation. The policy also covers death of cattle which are
the subject matter of insurance occurring outside the said geographical area in
the event of drought, epidemics and other natural calamities.
- Permanent disability Cover Covers the risk of permanent and total
disablement of cattle.
- Please note that all benefits are subject to a maximum amount as
stated in the policy. These will be clearly noted in any quotation released or any
- The premium payable on the policy would be dependent on the benefits purchased.
The policy does not cover the following:
- Malicious or wilful misconduct or neglect, over loading, unskilled treatment.
- Use of animal for purpose other than stated in the proposal form without the consent
of the Company in writing.
- Intentional acts or gross negligence
- Failure to prevent death of cattle
- Accidents occurred or diseases contracted prior to commencement of risk. Disease
contracted within 15 days from commencement of policy period.
- Transit by air or sea.
- Intentional slaughter. slaughter unless it has been directed by a veterinary doctor
or a proper governmental authority.
- Theft or clandestine sale.
- Missing of Insured animal
- Acts of terrorism, war, radioactivity and Nuclear perils
- Consequential loss
- This is an illustrative list of Exclusions. For detailed list kindly
refer the policy wordings.
Documents required for purchasing an Insurance Policy:
- A duly filled & signed proposal form
- Certificate by veterinary doctor in the prescribed form confirming the health status
and market value of the animal
- Receipt of payment made while purchasing the animal
- Photograph of the animal
- Claims shall be assessed and paid on the basis of the relevant
documents submitted to the Company. The policy will be considered for payment on
production of following documents.
- Duly completed claim form.
- Death certificate from a qualified veterinary surgeon.
- Policy / Certificate.
- Ear tag.
content is descriptive only. Actual coverage is subject to the language of the policies