Is Travel Insurance Mandatory while traveling abroad?
Just like your perfect accommodation, flight tickets and luggage are important for travelling abroad, similarly buying travel insurance is mandatory too. Buying travel insurance is mandatory, many countries worldwide consider it as important as a VISA and many not let you enter their territory without a valid travel insurance. However, why just buy travel insurance because it is mandatory? You must get one for your own safety and precaution.
Advantages of travel Insurance
Buying a travel insurance plan comes with a host of benefits. It is designed in such a way that one single policy can protect your baggage, your liabilities, and medical emergencies. Let’s understand how a travel insurance policy works and its advantages.
- Emergency medical expenses: Travel Insurance covers outpatient, in-patient, medical aid, therapies and diagnostic tests costs incurred due to sudden illness or accident.
- Personal Accident: Pays medical expenses in case of accidental death or permanent total disability.
- Flight delays: Delay in flights or rescheduling of flight is a common scenario during international travel. In case the aircraft is delayed for more than 6 hours then we reimburse the amount spent on purchase of meals, refreshments etc. subject to submission of bills.
- Delay of Checked Baggage: Compensation for reasonable expenses incurred for the purchase of toiletries, clothing and medication due to delay of checked-in baggage for more than 12 hours.
- Total Loss of baggage & personal documents – Get a cover in case of lost baggage or loss of personal documents such as passport and other relevant documents.
- Personal Liability: Compensation of damages to be paid to a third party, resulting from death, injury or damage to health or property caused involuntarily by the insured.
- Other Benefits : Personal Accident(Common Carrier), Hospital Cash, Emergency Dental Treatment, Medical Evacuation, Repatriation, Loss of Checked Baggage, Financial Emergency Assistance, Hijack Distress Allowance and Contingency Travel Benefit
Why choose HDFC ERGO Travel Insurance?
Wide range of plans to choose from
HDFC ERGO offers a wide selection of plans to match your requirements. You can also choose the plans depending upon your family size and age.
Vast Geographic Coverage
HDFC ERGO offers travel insurance plans across geographies including Schengen countries and length of travel to suit every need
HDFC ERGO offers round the clock support for convenience and a hassle-free experience. You can call us on 1800 2700 700 or write an e-mail to : firstname.lastname@example.org
Trusted by Millions
HDFC ERGO Insurance is a recognized brand for taking care of your insurance needs. With 1 crore+ happy customers the brand has been assigned ‘iAAA’ rating by ICRA indicating its highest claim paying ability.
Buying an HDFC ERGO Travel insurance will fulfil your travel insurance requirements and secure your travel plan. You can compare travel insurance plans of HDFC ERGO and choose the best one.