We put a lot into planning the perfect vacation abroad. However, to make sure that
our vacation is a complete success, travel insurance is an absolute necessity. Your
trip abroad should be without hassles and worries, and a comprehensive travel insurance
policy provides you with the same. Whether you lose your baggage or passport, or
even need some medical support on your trip, overseas travel insurance will make
sure you get what you need. Go on your vacation without any worries in the back
of your mind, buy a travel insurance policy.
HDFC ERGO Travel Insurance
With HDFC ERGO Travel Insurance, enables you to explore and enjoy new destinations
with heartiness. With its wide range of travel insurance plans that encompasses
both business and leisure travel, we always have a plan that will best suit your
travelling purpose and that too at a cost that is soft on your budget. So, be rest
assured and enjoy your travelling abroad without worries.
- Single Trip: 6 months to 70 years
- Annual Multi Trip: 18 years to 70 years
- Single Trip Asia Excluding Japan: 6 months
to 70 years
- Self : Upto the age of 60 yrs
- Spouse : Upto the age of 60 yrs
- Child : Max 2 from 3 months upto the age of
- Rest assured on Our Travel Claims Support Team on call 24*7
- Optimum coverage at low costs
- Online purchase option available
General covers available across all our plans are as follows
- Emergency Medical Expenses: Covers medical costs incurred due to
illness or accident including medically necessary and prescribed emergency evacuation.
It covers outpatient, in-patient, medical aid, therapies and diagnostic tests as
described in the policy schedule
- Emergency Medical Evacuation: Evacuation to the home country is
covered up to the medical sum insured chosen
- Repatriation of remains: Covers the funeral expenses or expenses
of repatriating the remains back to India, in case of death of the insured overseas
- Emergency Dental Expenses: Covers acute anesthetic treatment of
- Hospital Cash: Pays a daily allowance as stated in the policy schedule
in the event of hospitalization either due to sickness or accidents
- Accidental Death and Permanent Total Disability Common Carrier:
The company will pay the sum insured specified in the schedule in addition to the
sum insured specified under the Personal Accident section, if the insured sustains
Accidental Bodily Injury during the course of the journey while travelling in a
common carrier such as rail, bus, tram, or aircraft; and such bodily injury results
in death or permanent total disability
- Personal accident: Compensation paid in case of death or permanent
total disability caused due to an accident
- Flight delay: Compensation if the aircraft is delayed for more
than 12 hours than the original scheduled departure time
- Loss of Passport: Expenses incurred in obtaining a fresh or new
- Loss of Checked Baggage: Compensation for the permanent loss of
- Delay of Checked Baggage: Compensation for reasonable expenses
incurred for the purchase of toiletries, clothing and medication due to delay of
checked-in baggage for more than 12 hours
- Personal Liability: Compensation of damages to be paid to a third
party, resulting from death, injury or damage to health or property caused involuntarily
by the insured
- Financial Emergency Assistance: Insurance cover is provided in
the event of the Insured Person getting into a financial emergency due to theft,
pilferage, robbery or dacoity of his/her travel funds. A fixed sum is paid as emergency
assistance up to the limits specified under the Policy
- Hotel Accomodation: Pays for the cost of hotel accomodation, if
the Insured Person sustains Bodily Injury or Sickness which directly and independently
of all other causes results in a hospital stay as an in-patient and misses his/her
flight back to the country of residence
- Hijack Distress Allowance:
Insurance cover is provided in the event of the hijack of the air or sea common
carrier in which the Insured Person is traveling whilst on the trip abroad during
the Period of Insurance. An allowance will be paid for each day of the hijack up
to the limits specified under the Policy
The company shall not be liable to pay any benefit to the Insured caused due to:
- Civil War or Foreign War
- Self Inflicted Injury, Suicide
- Non adherence to medical advice
- Under influence of Liquor, Drugs or Narcotics (Unless advised/administered by a
- Participation in any Sport as a Professional Player
- Participation in any Criminal Act
- AIDS or HIV
- Treatment of Nervous and Mental Problems
- Participating in hazardous sports like parachuting, hang gliding, bungee jumping
- *Please note these are illustrative exclusions. For a detailed
list, kindly refer the policy wordings.
- *This content is descriptive only. Actual coverage
is subject to language policy issued.
Read more ...
- Why does one require Travel Insurance?
Travel Insurance provides you and your family medical, financial
and other assistance in case of an emergency or untoward circumstances while travelling
on an International Trip.
No matter what you are: a business traveler or a leisure traveler: you are now safer
with Overseas Travel Insurance which protects you from unfortunate events such as
loss or delay in checked baggage, passport loss, a medical emergency or an Accident.
Insure your trip and enjoy a hassel free journey.
- What are the available plans with HDFC ERGO?
HDFC ERGO provides coverages for Single Trip, Multiple Trips, Asia, and also a Family
Floater Plan with various Sum Insured options to choose from.
- What are the eligibility criterias?
Our Travel Insurance policy is available for all ages between 6 months – 70
- What is the minimum period for a trip to be insured?
Our Travel Plans provide coverage to travel trips as short as 1- 4 days.
- Does one have to go through any medical examination?
No, there is no medical examination required upto the age of 70 years.