Home is where the heart is, as rightly said. A home is the place of innumerable
memories; no money is better spent than what is invested on your home. Thus safeguarding
your home from unforeseen events becomes a priority and the best way can be securing
with home insurance. An adequate and a comprehensive home insurance policy must
be on top of your priority list. It is just not enough to have an insurance cover
for your home but what matters is the right home insurance that covers all possible
HDFC ERGO Home Insurance
HDFC ERGO Home Insurance policy provides an all encompassing protection for your
home. Your home is your prized possession and it must be given the most trusted
protection it deserves. A home Insurance from HDFC ERGO gives you the benefit of
affordable coverage for your property and possessions against almost any eventuality.
Get your home covered with HDFC ERGO Home Insurance and get yourself peace of mind.
Why HDFC ERGO Home Insurance?
- A home insurance that adequately safeguards your priceless property and possession
- A home insurance that protects both your home structure and the household contents
- Low Cost Optional Cover for Burglary including Theft and Larceny
- Avail upto 15% premium discount for Security
HDFC ERGO Home Insurance Plan
- With HDFC ERGO Home Insurance Policy, you can choose to cover the structure of your
home only or include the household contents as well in a single policy with minimum
- The policy covers:
- Fire and Special Perils: Building(Section I) and Contents(Section
IA) covers the structure of your home and contents against
- Fire, Lightning, Explosion/Implosion, Aircraft Damage
- Riot, Strike, Malicious and Terrorist Damages
- Bursting and overflowing of water tanks, apparatus, pipes
- Storm, Cyclone, Typhoon, Tempest, Hurricane, Tornado, Flood and Inundation
- Earthquake, Volcanic Eruption & other Convulsions of Nature
- Impact damage by rail/road vehicle and animal
- Subsidence and Landslide including Rockslide
- Missile testing operations
- Leakage from automatic sprinklers installations
- Bush fire
- The sum insured for the structure of the house is based on the Reinstatement Value.
Quite simply, it would be the reconstruction cost of the house in the event of any
loss/damage due to any of the insured events like Fire, Riots, Storm, Flood and
- The reconstruction value for the structure
is determined by the construction cost. This, however, would not include the cost
of land. The home insurance policy will calculate reconstruction cost based on two
parameters which are mentioned below:
- Built Up Area of the House (Square Feet)
- Cost of Construction in your area / locality
- Burglary and Housebreaking including Larceny and Theft
(Section II) - Contents (as defined by Indian Penal Code)
- You can also insure the contents of your home against loss due
to burglary and /or Housebreaking or any attempted
burglary. Jewellery kept in Locked Safe within the Home premises can also be covered.
- Sum Insured for Contents under Section I A Fire & Special Perils
and Section II burglary & Theft should be the same.
- The Sum Insured for Contents / Valuadles is based on the market
- HDFC ERGO Home Insurance enables you to cover
a host of household items like Electronic Equipments, Furniture & Furnishings,
Jewellery, Clothes and so on.
HDFC ERGO Home Insurance Exclusion Policy
- Willful destruction of property
- Loss or damage caused by depreciation or wear and tear and Consequential loss
of any kind
- Loss or damage, directly or indirectly, caused by or arising from or in consequence
of or contributed to by Nuclear weapons material and / or Ionizing radiations
- Loss or damage, whether direct or indirect occasioned by the happening through or
arising from any consequences of war, invasion, act of foreign enemy, hostilities
(whether war be declared or not), civil war, rebellion, revolution, insurrection
military or usurped power or civil commotion or loot or pillage in connection therewith
- *Please note these are illustrative exclusions. For a detailed
list, kindly refer the policy wordings.
- *This content is descriptive only. Actual coverage
is subject to language policy issued.
Read more ...
- What will be the start date of my insurance policy?
Your insurance cover starts from the commencement date indicated by you in the proposal
form or receipt of premium by us, whichever is later.
- What is the premium charged for fire and special peril cover and burglary and
Rs. 70 per lac for fire & special peril and Rs. 240 per lac for burglary &
- How do we do the property valuation for home insurance?
Property valuation is done by multiplying the built up area of the property with
the cost of construction per square feet. Currently the cost of construction is
taken as 700 /800 depending on the location of the property. This multiplier is
arrived at by the experts in the field after conducting a market survey.
- If I have a home insurance policy with two different companies will I be benefited
If you have a policy with two insurance companies, at the time of a claim both the
insurance companies will pay on proportionate basis.
- Can an entire society or building be covered under your home insurance policy?
Yes, an entire society can be covered. However, if the contents are to be covered
a separate policy will have to be bought from us.