Medication and hospitalization play a substantial role while ensuring the health
of a family. Rising medical treatment costs and soaring medicine prices are enough
to drain your savings, if not well prepared. When someone in the family is hospitalized,
all you wish to focus on is the health recovery without looking at the finances.
A Health insurance acts as a protection measure of saving your finances in the event
of you or your family member getting hospitalized.
HDFC ERGO’s Health Suraksha Plan
HDFC ERGO provides a comprehensive health insurance plan fitting well in everyone’s
budget. The Health Suraksha plan from HDFC ERGO provides cover for in-patient treatment
costs, pre-hospitalization and post-hospitalization expenses, and such other major
expenses. With Health Suraksha Plan, be rest assured of no sub-limits on the hospital
room rents, hospital charges, diseases and doctor fees.
Get instant quotes online on your desired health plan and buy the right Health Suraksha
Plan for you and your family, on just a click.
(* Subject to the change in Tax Laws)
Key Highlights of HDFC ERGO’s Health Suraksha Plan
- Optimized health insurance plans at affordable rates
- Option to choose Individual or Family Floater Health Insurance
- Choose a health insurance plan from either an annual policy or a two year policy
- Get a Cumulative Bonus on completion of every claimless year
- Get Health Check-up expenses reimbursed on completion of 4 claimless years
- A network of more than 4800+ hospitals to choose from to avail cashless services
- Health check-up not mandatory for individuals below 45 years of age
- Get benefits on Income Tax under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act
- Enjoy hassle free claim procedures with least documentation and settlement times
- No Sub-limits on hospital room rents, hospital expenses,
specific diseases and doctor fees.
HDFC ERGO Health Insurance Plan
Schedule of Benefits - Individual & Family Floater
Basic Sum Insured per Policy Year
Rs. 200000, Rs. 300000, Rs. 400000, Rs. 500000
Hospitalization costs due to illness or accident are covered upto the Policy Sum
Medical costs incurred during 60 days prior to hospitalization are reimbursed
Medical costs incurred during 90 day period following discharge post hospitalization
Day Care Procedures
Expenses for 144 listed day care procedures that does not need 24 hours hospitalization
on account of technological advancements are reimbursed
The Medical Expenses incurred by an Insured Person for medical treatment taken at
his home which would otherwise have required Hospitalization on the advice of the
attending Medical Practitioner, if the Insured Person could not be transferred to
a Hospital or a Hospital bed was unavailable are reimbursed
Medical costs for harvesting an organ donated are reimbursed
Emergency Ambulance (Limit per hospitalisation)
Upto Rs. 2,000 reimbursed as ambulance expenseduring an emergency
Inpatient treatment medical expenses under Homeopathy, Siddha, Ayurveda or Unani
Every claim free year increases the Sum Insured by 5%(of the basic sum insured);
upto a Max. 50%(of the basic sum insured) increase.
Reimburses 1% of Sum Insured or Rs. 5000 whichever is less.
Exclusion Policy – HDFC ERGO Health Suraksha Plan
Note: The content is descriptive only. For actual
coverage, kindly refer the policy document.
- A Waiting Period of 30 days for claims
- A Waiting Period of 2 years for Particular Diseases and Treatments like surgery
on tonsils and sinuses, internal tumors, cysts etc.
- Pre-existing conditions not covered until covered for 48 months continuously
- War or any sort of armed conflicts
- Breach of any law with an intent of crime
- Suicide attempts/ Suicide, injuries due to an act of self-destruction or self-inflicted
- Terrorist activities, radioactivity or war
- Claims for illnesses arising due to intoxication of Drugs and Alcohol
- AIDS / HIV
- Plastic or cosmetic surgeryunless carried out as a part of medically required treatment
- Vaccinations including inoculation and immunizations taken as part of preventive
- Refer to the Policy Wording document for a complete
list of exclusions
Read more ...
- Why do I need Health Insurance?
Health insurance will protect you and your family against any financial contingency
arising due to a medical emergency.
- What are the benefits under this policy?
Health Suraksha offers optimum health coverage at an affordable price.
The plan not only covers not only hospitalisation expenses due to accidents or illness
but extends to cover pre and post hospitalisation expenses, day care procedures,
domiciliary treatment, organ donor expenses, emergency ambulance and ayush benefit.
- What are the plans available under this policy?
You can choose from four plans as mentioned below with Sum Insured ranging from
Rs. 2 lakh, 3 lakh and 4 lakh:
1 : 1 Adult
2 : 2 Adults
3 : 2 Adults 1 Child
4 : 2 Adults 2 Children
The policy offers option for covering on individual sum insured basis and on family
- Is there any eligibility criterion for purchasing this policy?
Health Suraksha is open for children from the age of 91 days onwards.There is
no limit for maximum Age at entry.
- Is there any tax exemption under the policy?
Yes, you can avail upto Rs.15,000 as tax benefit under ‘Section 80D’.
In case of senior citizens, you can avail upto Rs.20,000 as tax benefit under 'Section