Kisan Sarva Suraksha Kawach
India is agriculture based country. 70% of India lives in rural areas but have no access or have negligible access to Insurance. Insurers are yet to test this market in terms of product offering and distribution. Now scenario is changing with investments coming to rural areas also. It is extremely important to develop new market for sustainable and consistent growth history. Considering the growth in this segment, there is a considerable property at stake. This gives an opportunity to the Insurance industry to tap the rural market potential.
With this background, HDFC ERGO General Insurance Co Ltd has decided to venture into the market to tap the potential.
Kisan Sarva Suraksha Kawach Policy is comprehensive package policy to provide coverage against wide range of perils for various assets of farmers and Agriculture traders.
Coverage can be customized by selecting one or more sections available under the policy. Under single umbrella coverage can be provided for contents, pump sets and animal driven cart. Personal accident cover can also be arranged along with coverage.
There are 4 sections under this policy to provide complete insurance solution for the farmers and agriculture traders.
- Section 1: Standard Fire and Special Perils
This section covers your building, contents and agriculture items against various eventualities namely., Fire and Special perils, Earthquake, lightning, Riot, strike, Cyclone, Hurricane, Tornado, Landslide, explosion, Burglary and Housebreaking including theft etc.,
- Section 2: Agriculture Pump set
Section provides coverage for your submersible or non-submersible pump including driving unit, switches, wiring and starter against Fire, lighting, burglary, Mechanical/ Electrical breakdown and Riot, Strike or Malicious damage.
- Section 3: Personal Accident Insurance
Covers you and your family members against Accidental death and Permanent disablement.
- Section 4: Animal Driven Cart Insurance
Protects damage to your Cart and /or its accessories against accidental damages, Fire, Lightning, Flood, Burglary, House breaking or Theft and during transit.
Sum Insured Plans:
There are five plans available and the insured has the flexibility to select the Sum insured limits basis plan opted. For any Plan, Section I is compulsory and in addition any one section can be opted.
| || || Sum Insured |
| Section || Section Name || Plan - I || Plan - II || Plan - III || Plan - IV || Plan - V |
| 1 || Property Damage || 50,000 || 100,000 || 150,000 || 200,000 || 250,000 |
| 2 || Agricultural Pumpsets || 25,000 || 25,000 || 25,000 || 50,000 || 75,000 |
| 3 || Personal Accident || || || || || |
| Insured Person || 25,000 || 25,000 || 25,000 || 50,000 || 100,000 |
| Non Earning Spouse || 12,500 || 12,500 || 12,500 || 25,000 || 50,000 |
| 1st 2 Children - Each || 10,000 || 10,000 || 10,000 || 20,000 || 40,000 |
| 4 || Animal Driven Cart Insurance || 20,000 || 20,000 || 20,000 || 20,000 || 20,000 |
Premium payable depends on the plan and sections opted by the Insured.
This Policy does not cover:
For complete details on coverage, terms, conditions and exclusions, please read the policy wordings.
- Damage to property due to Pollution and contamination
- Loss or damage due to wear and tear, gradual deterioration or slowly developing flaws.
- Consequential Loss
- Willful Misconduct or Negligence
- Glass breakage while premises is under construction or while the glass is being removed for
- Fines, penalties, punitive or exemplary damages or any other damages resulting from the multiplication of compensatory damages
- Loss and/or damage to jewellery, precious stones, money, bullion or documents of any kind unless specifically declared.
- Burglary and/or Housebreaking or Theft by family members.
- Damages to livestock, motor vehicle and pedal cycles.
- Excludes cost of dismantling, transportation of pump set to the repair shop and back to premises