Every business is carefully nurtured for growth and profit. But inevitably, as in
life, accidents occur. For instance, a customer slips and twists her ankle because
of a wet floor in your business premises, resulting in hospitalisation.
Public exposures and liabilities Affected by law can bring an abrupt end to a promising
business future. With HDFC ERGO’s Public Liability Insurance Policy, you are
covered against such legal liabilities, giving your business the best of protection.
- The policy indemnifies you for any claims arising out of accidents, injury and damages
that occur on your premises in connection with the carrying on of your business.
- For more comprehensive protection, you can extend it to cover legal exposures arising
out of sudden and accidental pollution, Act of God perils, transportation of hazardous
substances and more.
- Industrial Seepage, Pollution and Contamination Extension
- Carriage of Effluents (Outside the Premises) Extension
- Transportation Extension
- Act of God Perils Extension
- This depends on the exposure you specify. You are required to fix
two limits of indemnity as under (for both premises and transportation):
- Any One Accident (AOA).
- Any One Year (AOY).
- AOA and AOY must be in the ratio of 1:1, 1:2, 1:3 or 1:4. It is
not permissible to issue a policy with unlimited liability.
- The rate chargeable varies based on the risk group, limits of indemnity selected,
ratio of limits, number of locations, and annual turnover of your business.
- The policy is subject to a compulsory excess of 0.25% of the AOA limit, subject
to a maximum of Rs.1,50,000 and minimum of Rs. 1,500. Opting for a higher excess
on a voluntary basis qualifies you for a discount in the premium payable.
- The policy does not cover liability arising out of or in connection with pollution,
any product, personal injuries such as libel, slander, fines, penalties and punitive
or exemplary damages, and transportation of materials.