Information Technology Package Policy
With the emerging growth of Information Technology sector India, the industry seeks
combination of various products under one roof e.g Property, Legal Liability and
Marine. To cater to this segment, HDFC ERGO is proposing for Information Technology
Package Policy Cover for such Industry which is providing almost 14 Nos of different
types of coverage under one policy.
Information Technology Package Policy by HDFC ERGO is comprehensive package policies
designed exclusively for IT Industry as an umbrella cover under one policy. Coverage
under this policy can be tailored as per the individual requirements, providing
all essential covers as standard with the option to select additional cover if required.
Coverage under this policy is broadly classified into 4 sections, enabling you to
choose and customize protection to your specific requirements.
Coverage under this section of the policy extends to include
- Property damage due to fire, lightning, explosion, aircraft damage, riots, storm,
impact damage, land slide, bursting, missile testing operation, leakage and bush
- Loss due to business interruption
- Breakdown of electrical and mechanical appliances with expenses for loss minimization
and claim preparation cost upto limit opted.
- Loss or damage to electronic appliances against accidental damage or breakdown with
expenses for loss minimization and claim preparation cost upto limit opted.
- Loss or damage caused to the Insured’s property due to burglary or housebreaking
- Accidental breakage of Glass or Sanitary fittings
- Tools such as Neon sign/ Glow sign /Hoarding against risk such as damage by accidental
external means, fire, lightning, external explosion, theft of whole sign, riot,
- Loss or damage caused to portable electronic equipments belonging to insured or
being used by the permanent employee of the insured for the purpose of business
of the insured.
- Portable electronic equipments like laptops and mobiles- Insured property at work
or at rest or whilst being used by the permanent employee(s) of the Insured on journey
to places by train or road or air anywhere within the territorial limits for the
purpose of business or profession of the Insured
- Loss of money relating to business or profession of the insured due to accident
- Direct pecuniary loss caused by dishonest acts/infidelity of employees, who are
in the permanent employment.
- Loss of baggage due to accident or misfortune suffered by the insured whilst on
Legal Liability for:
- Personal injury or property damage to third party
- Legal Expenses
- Employers’ Compensation - If employee or employees of the insured sustained
any bodily injury
Marine Inland/ Import Transit Insurance
- Covers loss of or any damage caused to the insured’s goods whilst in course
of transit by road/air/sea.
- Coverage under this section also extends to include loss of or damage caused while
goods being transported on vehicle owned /hired/operated by the insured.
Subject to charge of an additional premium, terms and conditions Information Technology
Package Policy by HDFC ERGO may also extend to provide following coverages
- Medical Expenses for treatment of employee’s injury
- Occupational Diseases contracted due to employment
- Accidental external damages to cover insured property due to accident from any fortuitous
- Additional Marketing Expenditure to reduce loss
- Terrorism Extension
We recommend that your assets be insured on a replacement / reinstatement cost basis
to get full protection following a loss.
The premium will depend on the type of occupancy, cover opted, claims experience,
fire protection appliances and deductible opted under the policy
Excess will be as per sections opted.
Note: For complete details on coverage, terms, conditions and exclusion, please read
the policy wordings
- Loss and/or damage arising out of War, Riot, Strike, Civil Commotion, Terrorism
- Loss or damage due to nuclear perils
- Damage to property due to Pollution and contamination
- Loss or damage due to wear and tear, gradual deterioration or slowly developing
- Consequential Loss (unless specifically covered)
- Willful Misconduct or Negligence
- Contractual Liability
- Product Recall
- Professional Liability
- Libel & Slander
- Sexual Harassment
- Glass breakage while premises is under construction or while the glass is being
- Fines, penalties, punitive or exemplary damages or any other damages resulting from
the multiplication of compensatory damages
- Loss and/or damage to jewellery, precious stones, money, bullion or documents of
any kind unless specifically declared