White collar crime is a reality in today’s business world. And the best protection
against this threat is a strong system of internal controls allied with the robust,
comprehensive coverage provided by HDFC ERGO Crime Insurance.
- Employee Theft Coverage:
- Loss of money, securities or other property by theft or forgery by an identifiable
employee of the Insured.
- Premises Coverage:
- Losses from destruction, disappearance, wrongful abstraction or computer theft of
money or securities from the Insured’s premises by third parties.
- Transit Coverage:
- Losses from destruction, disappearance, wrongful adstraction of money or securities
outside the Insured’s premises by a third party, while being conveyed by the
Insured, an armoured motor vehicle company or any person authorised by the Insured.
- Depositors Forgery Coverage:
- Losses from instruments such as cheques fraudulently drawn on the Insured’s
accounts by a third party.
- Computer Fraud Coverage:
- An extension to cover losses sustained by the Insured due to computer fraud by a
third party including cover for expenses incurred by the Insured due to a computer
- Four insuring clauses with a computer fraud extension available to those who qualify
backed by an aggregate limit of Liability
- The policy can be terminated by written notification in accordance with the terms
- broad definition of “employee”, including cover for temporary personnel
hired from an agency
- Employee benefit plans coverage available
- Superseded deductible cover: If a loss is partly covered by HDFC ERGO and partly
under a prior policy and the prior insurer has applied a deductible, then the deductible
HDFC ERGO applies will be reduced by the amount of the previous insurer’s
- Coverage for prior losses available provided that the Insured purchased prior, continuous
and uninterrupted Fidelity or bond insurance policies from a previous insurer
- Coverage available for operations in designated territories
- Premium depends on assessment of the risks based on information provided by the
- Losses due to war, civil war, insurrection, rebellion, revolution, military action
or governmental intervention or expropriation
- Losses caused or contributed to by the theft or fraud of the Insured’s partner
- Loss involving the cost of reproducing any information contained in lost or damaged
manuscripts, records, accounts, etc.
- Expenses incurred by the Insured in establishing existence or amount of any covered
- Loss of income
- Loss of trade secrets
- Fees or expenses in prosecuting or defending any legal proceedings
- Losses not reported within sixty (60) days of the policy’s termination or
within one (1) year of voluntary liquidation/dissolution of the Insured
- Please refer to the policy terms and conditions for specific exclusions
applicable to employee theft coverage, premises coverage, transit coverage, depositors
forgery coverage and claims procedures.