Burglary & Housebreaking Policy
Every organisation is at risk from burglary, housebreaking, etc. and such behavior.
To ensure that an organisation does not suffer from significant losses or damages
from the same, HDFC ERGO gives you comprehensive financial coverage.
The policy broadly covers burglary, theft (following actual, forcible and violent
entry of and/or exit from the premises) including hold-up risk and damage caused
Our Policy provides coverage to contents/stocks/goods owned or held in trust and/or
commission against loss or damage by burglary & house breaking (theft following
upon an actual forcible and violent entry of and/or exit from the premises) or hold-up;
Cover may be provided for cash and valuables also on specific request.
Policy also pays for damage caused to the premises resulting from burglary and/or
housebreaking upto 5% of the Sum Insured for contents.
- Riot Strike and Malicious damage
- Floater Extension
Sum insured must represent market value of the property insured which means current
replacement value of the item as new at the time of loss or damage less due allowance
for betterment, wear & tear and obsoleteness
The policy does not cover loss and/or damage from
- Gold or silver articles and other valuable goods,unless specifically insured.
- Any goods lying in open unless specifically insured.
- Infidelity of inmate or member of the Insured’s household or his business
- Riot and strike, terrorist activities.
- War, warlike perils
- Ionising radiation or contamination by radioactivity
- Nuclear Weapon material
- Use of the key to the safe or any duplicate thereof belonging to the Insured
- Loss or damage attributable to willful /gross negligence