Ultimate Guide for Buying a Travel Insurance Policy
Travelling is so far one of the best way to rejuvenate and relax. However, at times we also travel for work and higher education. Although travelling is staying away from our abode at an unknown destination, it may invite certain risks, and it’s important to insure the probable risks well in advance. Just like we buy car insurance, home insurance and health insurance, similarly travel insurance is also mandatory for safeguarding your travel plans and be prepared to deal with emergency situations. Before buying a travel insurance it is important to understand what travel insurance covers.
What to look for in a great plan
An amazing travel insurance plan must offer wider cover at affordable premiums. It’s always important to find out what do travel insurance cover before making a buying decision. Good travel insurance shall cover medical emergencies, loss of baggage, flight delays, loss of documents and lots more.
HDFC ERGO Travel Insurance covers:
- Emergency medical expenses: Arising due to hospitalization expenses, out-patient expenses, medical aid, therapies and diagnostic tests costs incurred due to illness or accident.
- Personal Accident: Wherein the Compensation is paid in case of accidental death or permanent total disability.
- Flight delays : In case the aircraft is delayed for more than 6 hours then the we reimburse the amount spent on purchase of meals, refreshments etc. subject to submission of bills.
- Delay of Checked Baggage: Compensation for reasonable expenses incurred for the purchase of toiletries, clothing and medication due to delay of checked-in baggage for more than 12 hours.
- Loss of baggage & personal documents: You can get a cover in case of lost baggage or loss of personal documents such as passport and other relevant documents.
- Personal Liability: Covers for damages to be paid to a third party, resulting from death, injury or damage to health or property caused involuntarily by the insured.
- Other Benefits : Personal Accident(Common Carrier), Hospital Cash, Emergency Dental Treatment, Medical Evacuation, Repatriation, Loss of Checked Baggage, Financial Emergency Assistance, Hijack Distress Allowance and Contingency Travel Benefit
Few frequently asked questions for travel insurance
- 1. Does travel insurance cover natural disasters?
No. In most cases, an expense arising due to natural disaster does not get covered.
- 2. Does travel insurance cover acts of terrorism?
No. In most cases, hijack distress is covered.
To know more buy and explore travel insurance plans and its benefits click here